• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seattle Drug Store Collection

13 posts in this topic

Ran across this from pristinecomics.com. (Who runs that site?) Does anyone have any more information in regards to this collection?

Nice story below, but seriously doubt they haven't been pressed.

The Seattle Drugstore Collection Consists Of A Series Of Marvel & DC Comics From 1966 to 1971 In Unread, Near Perfect Condition!

During Those Years There Was a Drugstore Employee & Collector Who Was Only Interested in Comic Book Covers & Not The Stories. He Set Aside One Of Each Issue Before They Were Put Up For Sale On The Newstand. Always Being Careful to Remove An Issue From The Middle Of The Stack (For The Best Condition), These Books Remained Un-Touched Until They Were Graded By CGC In Early 2012. All The Comic Books From This Collection Are In Exceptional Condition With Perfect or Near Perfect Gloss, Pages & Covers Just Like They Were The Day Of Release.

Gotta love the extra hype quotient that comes from capitalizing every word.
:think: I was wondering about my current state of semi-arousal.....,

Bill works for someone else.

The owner of this site is the same guy that has been selling books like the Cap #100 CGC 9.9 and Iron Man #1 CGC 9.9

He's big into ultra high grade books and sig series.

Nice enough guy (the owner). I've met him a few times now at various shows and done a deal with him with no problems.

I actually just saw one of these on eBay. I was looking for an Avengers issue and ran across a "Seattle drug store collection" book. It was definitely nice looking but WAAAAAAAAAY overpriced. Even for an actual Pedigree this still would have been way too expensive.

Shoot I thought this was going to be about the drugstore that sat undisturbed since the early 50's. The person(a relative of original store owner) years ago was selling everything from unopened packs of vintage cigarettes ,health and beauty items and toys straight off the shelf..I kept waiting for the comics but never heard a peep..*sighs*

In pictures of the drugstore you could see the newstand type rack and comics laying flat..but couldn't tell what they were..would love to have known!!