• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129

60 posts in this topic

Here is the item number for the IR 55 I got off of E-Bay 2223324626

I received it, slabbed it, sold it for $441.00 plus shipping.

that's not what I asked Stout. Stick with the question.

Stick this where you want too. E-Bay item number 2234899709

Any more questions?? Didnt think so....................... Not my fault some refuse too beleive you can get good, unslabbed book off of E-Bay...... Newt, you have mail........

No problem. I will gladly return the e-mail. Hey Newt. you have mail......

Dear faithlei,

There is a guy claiming to be you on the cgccomics.com boards. I just wnated to make sure if it is you or not. http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=504336&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=2#Post504521

Thank you,

newtsamson

Any more questions or requests???

No problem. I will gladly return the e-mail. Hey Newt. you have mail......

Dear faithlei,

There is a guy claiming to be you on the cgccomics.com boards. I just wnated to make sure if it is you or not. http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=504336&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=2#Post504521

Thank you,

newtsamson

yep this guy was indeed the high bidder in these two auctions.

That is an exact copy of what i e-mailed the winner. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually I ws the high bidder on the unslabbed IR 55. I was the seller of it, after I got it slabbed. I still regret selling it. Oh well, live and learn. So Mr. Deathlok ???? You got quiet all of the sudden........

If you want too wait anywhere from 45-60 + days be my guest. CGG is a very good professional company. I got my book back in 7 days, didnt have too use someone else too submit it, very friendly staff..., more reasonable price, better holder.... And stick too the questions, sound familiar?????

Stout, I understand that. But what the heck were you talkin' about on that other thread where you claimed to already own that #129 that was up for auction by another dealer? Give it up Stout. Come clean and you may gain a little credibility.

Deathlok pretty much said I dont beleive you. Prove it too me, and I did. Then like majic, he changes the subject. Why CGG if you thought CGC would be a higher grade?? Then someone thinks, I will test this theory, and e-mails the winner of the IR 55. Guess what it was me. I own the first ASM 129 I posted about, and I bought the other that was listed on E-Bay. Dont like it, I dont care. Stop jumping down peoples throats. By the way, Im not 100% sure, but the E-Bay comic wasent sold by a dealer. I may be wrong about that. If I am, then so be it. I havent seen the seller a lot on E-Bay. If he is a dealer, it improves my chances that the book is what he claimed it to be. A Dealer really cant afford to put up false info. on a fairly major key book. It will come back to haunt them. Go through the post's about the IR 55. See if I hide behind the "no returns on CGC books" baloney. Most everyone wants premium money for slabbed books, but wont take refunds on them. Third party grading my *@# Stand behind the book's you sell, I know I do.

I never said I didn't belive you. I was only trying to get all the facts. You started with a highly suspect ASM 129. The Hulk 181 wasn't much better.

When you make statements on these boards, be prepared to back them up with facts. Otherwise people will call you on it.

Great job flipping the IM55.

Deathlok. Thanks. Im not trying too fight with anyone here. I have been collecting a long time. I recently got back into it. My ASM 129 is a legit. book. Yes it looked bad. Both copies are very similar. I guess I would of asked a few questions too. I have some very nice books. I didnt and dont want too come on here and say here. Look at this, type of stuff. I will be posting questions and comments on books when I think I can contribute. I still beleive the ASM 129 too be a badly under rated book. Too bad the hype for the movie rarely showed John Travolta in the commercials. They once again, blew the marketing ...... my opinion anyway......

I don't really think that ol' Barbarino has that much draw anymore. Maybe some after Pulp Fiction, but he ain't no Tom Cruise or Jim Carrey and he has done enough cheesy roles recently that he is starting to look like a ham. I do though agree that ASM #129 is undervalued in the guide, and the prices being paid on Ebay do seem to reflect that, even after the movie hype.

Outside of that, Stout, why is it that the markings from the scanner (outside the boundries of the book) are identical in the book that was on Ebay and the one that you claimed to already own? You have not yet addressed that. Not trying to pick a fight, just asking for clarification.-----Sid

I dont know why the scans are similar. Could be the same model scanner was used. There are subtle differences. The bottom staple is a little further "out" on one scan. Plus my copy has a ever so little mark on Spideys leg. I am hoping the one I just bought was accurately depicted in the E-Bay scans, and larger scans I got from the seller. His feed back is near perfect, one neg. over a year ago. Larger scans look very nice. Seller say's the book is 100% original, un touched. No restoration, trimming, touch up's. I am taking a bit of a chance. But if the book is as nice as it appears to be, I will be very happy. It should be a minimum of 9.6 if the book is as stated. I will let you know when I get the book. I have a friend who restores books. He will tell me if the book has be altered. I will let you know. I should get it by this coming Friday, I hope.

There are subtle differences.

There are *no* differences because it's the same scan.

Plenty of photo experts on here to try and pull anything over in a scan, so just 893blahblah.gif all you want about it.

Since you keep holding on to this [!@#%^&^] story, I have to give up believing anything else you say.

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

There are subtle differences.

There are *no* differences because it's the same scan.

Plenty of photo experts on here to try and pull anything over in a scan, so just 893blahblah.gif all you want about it.

Since you keep holding on to this [!@#%^&^] story, I have to give up believing anything else you say.

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

What a MARVELOUS idea!