• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

460 posts in this topic

I have noticed a lot of negative energy on this and the gold fourm lately. It is time we call these negative forces by force by Name. We let them dicuss and fill our minds full of negative energy. The minute anybody says anything positive they always flip it. You have gotten use to it on this site. I on the other hand are calling you guys OUT.

What is a collector vulture?....let me give you a current example of the S/S check that bought superman. They were taken to the cleaners, in fact this and the sale of Manhattan island for a box of trickets. The weapon of choice from the "collector vulture" is GREED..Now this check with S/S names spelled wrong is at something like $40,000.00. Who in there right mind thinks this is worth $40,000.00 of golden age or silver age comics or original art. They actually tried to sell some of his hair.......is that the lowest of the low....

A "collector vulture" preys on selling the lowest of the low and marketing it as the highest of the high....but the real reality is that is is worth NOTHING....Board members beware.

What is a pricing vulture? Somebody that just cannot wait to say some board member lost money. recently on the gold comics board...they were talking about a billy book that sold for 1900 and had to be dumped in a hurry for 1500...they just can not wait to say...He lost money.......Also when you talk or give your opinion about the future of golden age and positive price grown as , they jump in and call you "a cheerleader" for GA prices.

Folks, this is a very important time for all comic book collectors, but some of the stuff I have seen lately does look good. BACK ME UP HERE.....

Wow. Just wow. :facepalm:

I literally can't post enough :facepalm:'s to properly express my sentiments regarding MM's latest expressions of idiocy (and the inherent contradiction in his post).

I would love to own that check, it's history and one of a kind. The only thing preventing me from bidding is lack of funds. If only I would have hit the Mega-Millions than that check would have been mine all mine. :cry:

What is a pricing vulture? Somebody that just cannot wait to say some board member lost money. recently on the gold comics board...they were talking about a billy book that sold for 1900 and had to be dumped in a hurry for 1500...they just can not wait to say...He lost money

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one that was berating the seller of the restored Action 1 on CLink not too long ago hm You know, the one that would never sell for 150K (which it did) and the only possible reason for selling it so soon was to flip it (even though reliable boardies told you it was because of a financial emergency). You remember that little episode, right?

look I am just making a point...when does this collector maddness stop....there has to be some reality here, 40K for that check is a sign of danger in the real collectable world...I just do not want to see a price crash here with comics taken down by realted collectables when somebody wakes up....