• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

460 posts in this topic

I have noticed a lot of negative energy on this and the gold fourm lately. It is time we call these negative forces by force by Name. We let them dicuss and fill our minds full of negative energy. The minute anybody says anything positive they always flip it. You have gotten use to it on this site. I on the other hand are calling you guys OUT.

What is a collector vulture?....let me give you a current example of the S/S check that bought superman. They were taken to the cleaners, in fact this and the sale of Manhattan island for a box of trickets. The weapon of choice from the "collector vulture" is GREED..Now this check with S/S names spelled wrong is at something like $40,000.00. Who in there right mind thinks this is worth $40,000.00 of golden age or silver age comics or original art. They actually tried to sell some of his hair.......is that the lowest of the low....

A "collector vulture" preys on selling the lowest of the low and marketing it as the highest of the high....but the real reality is that is is worth NOTHING....Board members beware.

What is a pricing vulture? Somebody that just cannot wait to say some board member lost money. recently on the gold comics board...they were talking about a billy book that sold for 1900 and had to be dumped in a hurry for 1500...they just can not wait to say...He lost money.......Also when you talk or give your opinion about the future of golden age and positive price grown as , they jump in and call you "a cheerleader" for GA prices.

Folks, this is a very important time for all comic book collectors, but some of the stuff I have seen lately does look good. BACK ME UP HERE.....

:eek: Do you speak this way in person?

Ok now you are all just showing off...

How do you embed youtube videos?

with knowledge, class and experience..., or something like that. :blush:

I'm looking for the chicks with the bovine lips.........., :luhv:

goddammmmit. someone just informed me via PM that it's bovine hips. It doesn't seem nearly as sexxxxxxxxxxxy now. :pullhair:

I have noticed a lot of negative energy on this and the gold fourm lately. It is time we call these negative forces by force by Name. We let them dicuss and fill our minds full of negative energy. The minute anybody says anything positive they always flip it. You have gotten use to it on this site. I on the other hand are calling you guys OUT.

What is a collector vulture?....let me give you a current example of the S/S check that bought superman. They were taken to the cleaners, in fact this and the sale of Manhattan island for a box of trickets. The weapon of choice from the "collector vulture" is GREED..Now this check with S/S names spelled wrong is at something like $40,000.00. Who in there right mind thinks this is worth $40,000.00 of golden age or silver age comics or original art. They actually tried to sell some of his hair.......is that the lowest of the low....

A "collector vulture" preys on selling the lowest of the low and marketing it as the highest of the high....but the real reality is that is is worth NOTHING....Board members beware.

What is a pricing vulture? Somebody that just cannot wait to say some board member lost money. recently on the gold comics board...they were talking about a billy book that sold for 1900 and had to be dumped in a hurry for 1500...they just can not wait to say...He lost money.......Also when you talk or give your opinion about the future of golden age and positive price grown as , they jump in and call you "a cheerleader" for GA prices.

Folks, this is a very important time for all comic book collectors, but some of the stuff I have seen lately does look good. BACK ME UP HERE.....

:facepalm: What a buzzard thread!

Carrion my wayward son

There'll be peace when you are done

Lay your weary head to rest

Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion

Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion

I was soaring ever higher

But I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man

Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

I hear the voices when I'm dreaming

I can hear them say

Carrion my wayward son

Don't you cry no more

Masquerading as a man with a reason

My charade is the event of the season

And if I claim to be a wise man, well

It surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion

Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

I set a course for winds of fortune

But I hear the voices say

Carrion my wayward son

Don't you cry no more

No!

Carrion, you will always remember

Carrion, nothing equals big spenders

The center lights around your vanity

But surely heaven waits for you

Carrion my wayward son

Don't you cry (don't you cry no more)

:sorry: Apologies to Kansas for the parody and to Mitch for the road-kill ribbing.

Pretty soon they are gonna sell body parts of comic book creators...come guys enough is enough. Do not buy JUNK

Honestly man, what are you talking about?

I think he's saying $100 is too much for Al Capp's prosthetic leg.

But $20 is about right for Joe Simon's dentures.

Mitch, why does the hammer price of the check bother you? I'm surprised that a one of a kind check, with all of the history behind it, sold so cheap. This was a well advertised auction with world wide media attention. I wouldn't pay $40,000 for it but there are a lot of people out there, rich beyond belief and it only takes 2 to drive the price up.

Why are you calling this the comic apocalypse and did you call the comic implosion in 1991?

look I am just making a point...when does this collector maddness stop....there has to be some reality here, 40K for that check is a sign of danger in the real collectable world...I just do not want to see a price crash here with comics taken down by realted collectables when somebody wakes up....

I think someone is angry he got outbid.

I stand by my position as taken, if we start putting outrageous values on some supposed collectable...this is dangerous for all of us...and you know it

Some people would say 50 bucks is a lot of money for a beat up AF #15... What the hell is your point?

Wow. Just wow. :facepalm:

I literally can't post enough :facepalm:'s to properly express my sentiments regarding MM's latest expressions of idiocy (and the inherent contradiction in his post).

Tim - I really wish you were state side so I could buy you a beer or three.

Please stop posting Mmehdy. Really. At this point, you're only being replied to for the lulz, and mate, they're pretty thin on the ground. You don't like high prices for comics that you pay and therefor push ever upward. Do you even read what you type anymore? Or does it get in the way of the pretty colours?

As for the rest of us, a weed will die if you take away it's food and light. Every post he puts up, every reply he gets, is a ray of sunshine and a bit of nourishment. Cut of the supply and the weed dies. This should be the last post on this thread, because we should all see that the troll gets his kicks getting insulted and abused. It proves to him that he's the persecuted prophet and we heretics need his wisdom and guidance. He's not going to see our point and we won't see his. We should all just walk on, grab our favorite book and read it...and not care what it cost.

James

I still do not like the fact that somebody would pay 150 for a restored book, its does not sit well with me. On this book, I had a real issue with 150K price.

And a lot of people don't like that all you care about is what a comic sells for. All you see is the investment side to the hobby. Why don't you collect gold coins or something and leave comics to those who like them for what they are, and not what they are worth.

You'll be a lot happier, and so will we, not having your incessant drivel cluttering up a board about comics.

Please take cioac's advice. The coinees need your insight.