• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever heard of G-mart?

11 posts in this topic

I came across them the other day during an internet search for other online comic book stores. I've never ever heard of them before but I was thinking of rolling the dice with a couple of moderns. Their pricing seems to be a bit weird though - the price of your book depends on how many are in stock and the price goes up depending on availability. (shrug) Anyone heard of them or used them?

I don't think this has been discussed here before but apologies if it has..

Cheers :)

I came across them the other day during an internet search for other online comic book stores. I've never ever heard of them before but I was thinking of rolling the dice with a couple of moderns. Their pricing seems to be a bit weird though - the price of your book depends on how many are in stock and the price goes up depending on availability. (shrug) Anyone heard of them or used them?

I think the guy used to work for Graham Crackers. I believe it is based in central Illinois. Don't know anything about his business plan or whether he is reliable or not.

I used to buy from them when I was in school in Champaign. They are legit, have a few retail locations, and set up at local shows.

The G-Mart is a MYTH!

lol

The website has been nothing but good to me. Fast service, securely packed. I thought their model was harsh at first, but it makes sense now. As stock goes down, prices go up.

I do have one complaint. When you set up an account, they assign you a number rather than a name or user ID. If I don't use them for a few months, I forget the number and were I saved it last time and have to write in to get it. Someday, it will be in every imaginable place on my computer and this will be taken care of!

lol

I think the guy used to work for Graham Crackers. I believe it is based in central Illinois. Don't know anything about his business plan or whether he is reliable or not.

I was under the impression when they started that there were like a Graham Crackers outlet but they are, indeed, different businesses.

I've ordered from them several times before. My first couple orders were rough because they used a Priority Mail envelope instead of a box and things got damaged. They gave me a prompt refund without requiring me to return the items, so that was nice.

Since then, I've put a note on my account saying I wanted boxed shipping every time, and they've complied every time.

As far as grading goes, their recent moderns are slightly higher grade than MyComicShop or Milehigh, meaning you'll have a better shot at getting a 9.8 from G-Mart than from the others.

I've ordered from them several times before. My first couple orders were rough because they used a Priority Mail envelope instead of a box and things got damaged. They gave me a prompt refund without requiring me to return the items, so that was nice.

Since then, I've put a note on my account saying I wanted boxed shipping every time, and they've complied every time.

As far as grading goes, their recent moderns are slightly higher grade than MyComicShop or Milehigh, meaning you'll have a better shot at getting a 9.8 from G-Mart than from the others.

That's exactly what I need