• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World New Orleans 2012 Part 2 -- Nov. 30 - Dec. 2nd

139 posts in this topic

We ( Bedrock city ) are heading out this morning so see ya'll there!!

P.S its my birthday this weekend so make sure to buy something from me or bring a Dr Pepper lol

Booth #?

bedrock is 712. Right across from us :cloud9:

Well that makes it easy since I plan to stop by your booth. You want a Dr Pepper too?

we only drink coke zero lol

Just got our wrist bands and realized that I forgot my Dr. Balls "stamp of awesomeness" stamps ! :(

Oh well I'll try to print some up tonight ... Wifey is on a mission with me to find hot babes worthy of one to get some pics ! (thumbs u

Hope to score some awesome books !

I attended Saturday and had a great time. I got a few books signed by Capullo and Guillory. The line for Greg took about 20 min. but it wasn't the volume of patrons it was the quality conversations he was having with everyone ( I've become an even bigger fan after talking with him ). I also picked up a bunch of prints from various artists; mostly batman. I also made my first Sig. Series submission and am hoping it goes through without a hitch.Everyone there from the artists to the attendees were a joy to interact with.

A big HELLO to my fellow boardies I met : G.A.tor, c-mack, and Jeff@HotFlips. And last but certainly not least, comeaux and his wife, who I stumbled upon at Guillory's table. It was really cool meeting you guys! Good luck with your groovy submissions.

So yea I thought this con was tremendous !

I’m not really sure if I qualify to judge or compare it to other cons as this was my first con (and I’m a noob) but the wife and I had a blast, met some very cool people and picked up some nice books ! I thought this Wizard Con in New Orleans was phenomenal and I will definitely come back every year.

One of my goals was to meet and buy books from the boardies/dealers who participate here on the forum as I wanted to get great books but also do my part in supporting these guys who travel in from many other states far away, my wife and I were VERY VERY appreciative of all the dealers who came down to NOLA, totally off-the-chain guys with great deals ! Greg Horn was one of the artists that I really enjoyed conversation with (funny guy !) as well as Rob Guillory but really all of the artists we met were extremely warm and friendly. It was just a pleasure !

I would say the highlight for me was getting a few books signed by Stan Lee for Signature Series submissions. Although the several hour wait in line was not much fun it was all totally worth it when the moment came and I’m standing across from “Stan The Man” himself and witnessing him sign my Avengers #1 !!! Wow it was spine tingling ! In the hurry and rush of the signing process there were not many words exchanged but for those few seconds and the few words exchanged … it really put the icing on the cake for me. Knowing that when I’m gone my son will have these books that I had personally signed by Stan Lee made the several hour wait all worth it !

I went with $1,000 budget for books and actually spent $2,200 but with the vast assortment of great books and wifey egging me on to buy more … what’s a guy to do ! I got books from Bob Storms, Dale Roberts, Greg Reece and the guys at Bedrock. All of these guys were so totally awesome to deal with and a great pleasure to meet them. I was extremely impressed with the time each of these guys expended to help me with the books I purchased and I have high accolades for them all.

My bud Jeff and his Hotflips gang were awesome to chat with, very helpful and hooked me up with the essential gear I needed, Jeff has a great personality … the amiable kind of guy you could see having a few beers with and hanging out … almost wanna just give him a big hug with his “cat that just ate the canary” kind of smile he has … what a great guy!

My biggest disappointments were not getting over to GAtors booth, it was on my mission list and don’t know how I missed it. I also wish I could have met more of the boardies there although I did meet up with Mike (thelastword) and he was a great guy, we had a nice chat … really a totally cool guy ! I also caught a glimpse of Roy and wanted to meet him but he seemed to be very busy on the phone and my wife told me I looked like I was stalking him so I gave up in hopes of another opportunity which never came :(

I also learned a few things such as bring a backpack or book bag, it was frustrating trying to navigate and do things with my and wifeys hands full of stuff both days. It left me with little photo opportunities although a bud of mine did take some so I’ll post those when I get them from him.

Sorry this was not much of a “review” but more of a personal perspective of how I enjoyed the Wizard Con. After seeing the pictures of the San Diego Comic Con I’m sure this one falls short in comparison but I found this Wizard Con NOLA to be fantastic and hopefully will gain in popularity in the future. It was definitely a lot of fun and an epic way to close out 2012.

Thanks to all of you artist, dealers and boardies who came down to NOLA … it is GREATLY appreciated !!! (thumbs u

I really enjoyed the con. The few times I got to walk around it looked like there was a nice selection. Anyone wanting SS would have had no trouble. The only long line I saw was for Reedus. I got a Star Trek book signed for someone and walked right up to each cast member. No lines.

I did get mistaken for John Layman quite a few times. I spent most of Saturday at Rob Guillory's table. I was asked if I was John several times. Perhaps next time I will post a picture or bring a cardboard cutout of John. hm

Always nice seeing some boardies and all the Chew fans. After going to NYCC it was great to go to a show this size.

The drive back to Atlanta was nuts. Worst part of the trip for sure.

So how did I miss you. Asked around a couple of times. (shrug)

I was in Eastman's line for about 3 hours on Saturday and in Capullo's line a lot of Sunday. Really did not expect Capullo to be that bad but he always had a huge line .

It has really grown over the last two years. I went Saturday and had a blast just talking to all the artist and walking around. Didn't buy much still paying off bills from the NOLA con in January. Its a shame that it won't be back till Febuary 2014. With New Orleans having a load of activities going on next year from Super Bowl to Womens Final Four to more got the Con pushed out next year but gave us two this year. So I'll see ya'll in 2014.

I also caught a glimpse of Roy and wanted to meet him but he seemed to be very busy on the phone and my wife told me I looked like I was stalking him so I gave up in hopes of another opportunity which never came :(

:cry: