• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayers beware! trdrjon1 ships slabs in envelopes with no protection!

28 posts in this topic

He was, I had another in inventory so im just swapping it out for him. Book wasnt damaged as far as I can tell so just going to resub it. Funny thing is the post office covered the outer box hole/tears with tape lol

I don't think this person did this intentionally. You can see what he sells and CGC comics hardly fits the bill. The dude probably figures since the comic is in this nice hard plastic shell, it's already well protected. My brother, who does collect comics, but not CGC, is also clueless about this stuff. He'll see me wrapping a CGC book in loads of bubble wrap and place in a box, and he's like, "Just stick it in an envelope, it's already in a case." Again, some people are clueless about how easy the case can get damaged. If this was someone who dealt everyday in CGC comics, or had any kind of knowledge about them, then that would be unacceptable.

btw, sorry this happened. I think most people, one time or another, has received a book like this and it just sucks!!

Here's a hint to all you ebay buyers and sellers of slabbed comics.

Priority FLAT RATE box it for $11.35 if you decide to go with that.

or...

Turn the same box inside out and it goes Priority for $8.05 .

Thats a $3 savings using the same box. It gets the same handling nothing different.

I wouldn't buy a cgc off ebay with postage anything less then $8.05 . Anything less your just asking for trouble.

This is from experience.

Here's a hint to all you ebay buyers and sellers of slabbed comics.

Priority FLAT RATE box it for $11.35 if you decide to go with that.

or...

Turn the same box inside out and it goes Priority for $8.05 .

Thats a $3 savings using the same box. It gets the same handling nothing different.

I wouldn't buy a cgc off ebay with postage anything less then $8.05 . Anything less your just asking for trouble.

This is from experience.

^^

IMG_7794.jpg

The fool wrapped it in the light bubble wrap one layer thick and put it in a priority soft envelope. He did not even use cardboard.

You know... after looking at his message... he is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. "...with what I believed to be sufficient packaging."

Well to tell the truth... I believe him to be a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Plastic snaps and breaks. This is why we use these things called boxes. What makes it even more annoying is that he could have gotten a free box from the post office and they would have charged him the same amount in shipping as if he used the envelope since they were both used priority mail.

Like I said. He refunded me $40. Reslab fee, shipping fee to come back from Sarasota and lunch because I had to go to the city to drop it off at CGC. Luckily for him I have a monthly train pass otherwise I would have charged him transportation fees.

I am patient and understanding when it comes to human error and mistakes. I am ruthless when it comes to idiocy.

Seems CGC is at fault here. Why is their plastic so flimsy?

Actually, I dont know what the big deal is - the book in the inner well is still ok, right? CGC containers should only be used when buying and selling books. Once you buy the book, the plastic containers are always cracked and disgarded.

IMG_7794.jpg

The fool wrapped it in the light bubble wrap one layer thick and put it in a priority soft envelope. He did not even use cardboard.

You know... after looking at his message... he is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. "...with what I believed to be sufficient packaging."

Well to tell the truth... I believe him to be a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Plastic snaps and breaks. This is why we use these things called boxes. What makes it even more annoying is that he could have gotten a free box from the post office and they would have charged him the same amount in shipping as if he used the envelope since they were both used priority mail.

Like I said. He refunded me $40. Reslab fee, shipping fee to come back from Sarasota and lunch because I had to go to the city to drop it off at CGC. Luckily for him I have a monthly train pass otherwise I would have charged him transportation fees.

I am patient and understanding when it comes to human error and mistakes. I am ruthless when it comes to idiocy.

Seems CGC is at fault here. Why is their plastic so flimsy?

Actually, I dont know what the big deal is - the book in the inner well is still ok, right? CGC containers should only be used when buying and selling books. Once you buy the book, the plastic containers are always cracked and disgarded.

Ha - I hold a different opinion. I do not crack open my books.