• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New and Overwhelmed !

54 posts in this topic

Hello and or Howdy fellow collectors !

A friend of mine (who is a member on here) introduced me to this board and I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself to everyone !

My name is Nate, I'm 22 years old and living in Edmonton, Alberta. I've been collecting Comic Books since I was around 13 years old. I remember watching something on A&E on comic books and I was hooked. I went out later that week and bought my very first comic book, Fantastic Four # 205.

I had no idea what I was doing or what I was interested in yet. I just thought it was cool to own my first "collectable".

When I was in my late teens (17-21) I sort of lost interest in the whole collecting thing. Looking back on it, it is unfortunate, but just recently, I pulled out my collection and went through it all and was just in "awe" at everything. I couldn't believe I gave up on it.

I am glad to say i have re-kindled my love and passion for collecting and I hope I never lose it. I have a collection of about 500 comics so far. Only 3 of them are CGC graded though. Being in Canada its a lot harder and more expensive to get them graded.

I am mostly into collecting Spider-man and X-men comics. I am almost done my Ultimate Spider-man set, I am just missing a few of the variant issues. I also have a big soft spot for Variant comics and Sketch covers. I can't get enough of the,

So far, I am pretty overwhelmed by this site. So much lingo and terminology to learn. "HOS" and "Probies", I am already lost! I hope to meet some people on here and buy some books and just talk comics !

Hope to be hearing from you guys soon !

Nate

WTTB! (Welcome to the boards!)

There's a thread made with an explanation of most of the acronyms and what they mean. Hopefully, someone will be able to post a link to that thread here and that'll make your understanding of the terminology better. (thumbs u

Enjoy yourself and take your time going through this place.

Andy