• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Turkish The Dark Knight Returns (1989)

for being 1989 and coming out of semi war torn border these books are in excellent condition. The seller told me they were never put out to sell and kept in the printing / shipping box. Like the Turk Spidermans the entire book was printed on cheap newspaper print and the ink borders dont lay over the artwork correctly looking as if it is "3-D" format

I believe this to be true as Book #2 is a printing error in that the first inside page is still connected to the 4th page as you can NOT open the comic book to clearly view the 2 page spread...

Definitley submitting this to Frank Miller SS Series....

2013-02-15_16-58-50_783_zps957c191a.jpg

2013-02-15_16-34-36_849_zpsfcec3275.jpg

2013-02-15_16-35-14_134_zpsbeb48dfd.jpg

Wait a second! Is that Iris Allen asking me to do her hair? Maybe that´s why her marriage to Mr. Barry Allen was going down the drain at the time. I was lucky enough to use my pet name "Gus" for the Beauty Salon´s name in spanish and the paste-up guy´s at Novaro went for it. It was only three letters, anyway. This comes from Flash 273 (Batman Avestruz 20 EN)

photo16_zpsd40f4439.jpg

photo1_zps290726ce.jpg

She says she´d do anything to save her marriage, (that included letting me mess with her look, I guess. ;)

Bernie Wrightson´s Swamp Thing Novaro style anyone?

photo11_zps1feaccc2.jpg

I'm only missing the ones that reprint issues 4 & 10 to have a complete run of the Wrightson/Wein Swamp Thing books including the House of Secrets 92. Can't seem to find them anywhere though.

How about this one to complement LSComics post on Morbius Mexican variants? And, to top it off, the splash page of this Mexican variant featuring the name of that pesky translator´s name printed on it!

photo14_zpsb8af523a.jpgphoto17_zps784121d9.jpg

So this is a second edition? The typographic lettering in that Helvetica-like typeface is really awful. It seems a german Disney comic (they used to do that).

When I saw this Italian version of the French trade paperback reprinting the first part of Adams´ Deadman run, I immediately bought only to find that it is an oversized reprinting in Italian of the first appearance only!

Maybe Claudio knows more abut this? Sai qualcosa su questo?

th_photo8_zpse16c6190.jpg

There’s "Tome" written on the cover, so it seems a french edition. I never saw it.

Adam’s Deadman in Italy, as far as I know, was largely unpublished until it appeared (sporadically) in the 1990s on the antology magazine "All American Comics".

The Brave and the Bold I sold to Tim is one of those issues (although it is probably the only one which already appeared in Italy, in a Batman 1970s book, and so the book I sent to Tim is a second edition). Those are the only issues where Deadman is featured on the cover, as far as I know.

From issue #14 onwards, the title switches from magazine to comic book format, alternating Marvel and DC, issue #16 is the first Ghost Rider v2, which I sent to Matt. ;)

AAC2.JPGALLAMERICANCOMICS006.jpg

ALLAMERICANCOMICS008.jpg

comic-art_riviste_deadman-n15-1990-dc-comic-art.jpgaltri-dc_dc-comics_deadman-bat-man-n-17-1991-dc-comic-art.jpg

These should probably be shown together too now that I think about it.

th_AmazingSpiderMan101Mexico_zps9f48f059.jpgth_AmazingSpiderMan102pt1Mexico.jpgth_AmazingSpiderMan102pt2Mexico.jpg

Tim, if you should need the #101 and #102 in Italian, I have a copy of each available in VF range.

I may just have to take you up on that at some point. hm

From when is this UK edition of FF #1 is?

I thought in UK they had the Pence copies, the same as the US ones, with just the price difference.

FantasticFour1UnitedKingdom.jpg

It's from the UK but it's a reprint from Alan Class. They used some of the original covers with their titles, the interiors are black & white. They reprinted some of the Marvel super-hero stuff and a lot of the pre-hero monster and sci-fi books along with some Charltons.

Understand that was dated 1962 (which could have been late 1961 with a later "pull" date)