• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

i'm going shanghai next week, any comic book stores I should check out? or any comic stores at all?

i'm going shanghai next week, any comic book stores I should check out? or any comic stores at all?

If you see an ASM 300 from SHangai...uhm..how should I put this>??...well....mm..uhm..just remember me... :foryou:

say Hi to Jackie Chan

haha if you live in LA, you probably have an 89% better chance of meeting him than me.

say Hi to Jackie Chan

haha if you live in LA, you probably have an 89% better chance of meeting him than me.

So 11%????...so there is a chance !!! Yay!!!!

@solarcadet: Did you take note of the DC italian editions links I posted?

Just to make sure ;)

Oh yes I sure did :)

Thank you they are great. I want to look a tthme better using Google Chrome to out it all in English. Thanks for the heads up...

If I was to find anything on there would you be ablke to find it???

I love the italian editions they look like better versions of the originals :)

@solarcadet: Did you take note of the DC italian editions links I posted?

Just to make sure ;)

Oh yes I sure did :)

Thank you they are great. I want to look a tthme better using Google Chrome to out it all in English. Thanks for the heads up...

I love the italian editions they look like better versions of the originals :)

Those Batman and Superman editions were from Mondadori, and thus a lot of care was put into them. But they also stray from the originals A LOT because stories were edited, re-mounted and in some cases almost entirely redone.

The writer of those pages is quite preconceived and although he is basically right he harshly criticizes Mondadori’s policy of editing the stories:

http://www.glamazonia.it/old/articoli/albifalco/censure.htm

I’d be really curious to read this story, which apparently has been entirely redone, removing all references to Clayface’s "clay-like" appearance:

batcensura2.jpgbatcensura2i.jpg

I forgot to reply to this: if you accept the idea you should pretty forget grade on this, maybe yes, but I don’t travel to go to conventions, and when I go I am looking for other things, especially golden age italian stuff, so it’s difficult to concile the two searches.

But occasionally eBay.it offers decent copies, so I may keep an eye out for those interested. :)

Here's two Dutch language Gold Key Doctor Solar variants that I got about 10 years ago off eBay.

Dutch Doctor Solar #8

solar_8_dutch_cover.jpg

And some insides that are uncolored:

solar_8_dutch_1.jpg

solar_8_dutch_2.jpg

solar_8_dutch_3.jpg

And Dutch Doctor Solar #9 that looks like it was mis-trimmed:

solar_9_dutch_cover.jpg

Edited by kpaqu1

Here's two Dutch language Gold Key Doctor Solar variants that I got about 10 years ago off eBay.

Dutch Doctor Solar #8

solar_8_dutch_cover.jpg

And some insides that are uncolored:

solar_8_dutch_1.jpg

solar_8_dutch_2.jpg

solar_8_dutch_3.jpg

And Dutch Doctor Solar #9 that looks like it was mis-trimmed:

solar_9_dutch_cover.jpg

Very cool, love the Dutch books! Tough to aquire as well.... (thumbs u

Chinese Batmans do exist...printed on Rice Paper

Its for sale if anyone is interested you would have to make an offer to the seller.

I can pass his info if you want

DSC007592_zpse09ce383.jpg

This is amazing Tony! Almost like a anime/bats weird coagulation.... lol Very cool, I wonder what he would take for such a rare book..... hm

This is amazing Tony! Almost like a anime/bats weird coagulation.... lol Very cool, I wonder what he would take for such a rare book..... hm

Actually it’s strange, it seems one of those custom interpretations, like the japanese Spider-Man series they did (I think in the 1990s). Are you sure this is chinese? Drawings are bad but seem in the vein of Go Nagai works.

Besides those, there is "Wolverine Snikt", a mini-series by Tsutomu Nihei which I think was unknown to the majority of the US public. In Italy we knew him thanks to the publication of his first work, "Blame!", and it’s curious because basically Nihei brings Wolverine into his mysterious, wordless, future world where humanity seem to have totally disappeared.