• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

here's my only SA foreign

60fe861c-7946-48e8-8577-aa1be8e1d6b5_zps89919044.jpg

It reminds me of a Laurel and Hardy episode of when Laurel lived through WWI and still thought he was in war, even though it had been over for years.....it was kind of fuuny

So,I got this last week,paperback sized,could not find much info other than the examples I saw were all pretty beat up.The expression on Herc the dogs face slays me though makes me lol !

5f350e4b-2dbd-4320-bc2b-033e9c4c974d_zpse829fd00.jpg

Seriously..WTF is that????It's borderline creepy

Pif Gadget has been one of the most important french antologic comic magazines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pif_gadget

I have a friend which worked for them in the 1990s. One of our top Disney artists, Giorgio Cavazzano, also worked for the magazine:

h-20-1399637-1232891380.jpg

great info,thanks.Looking at some of the other covers I would like to stumble across more.

I have the english digest of this and the background is blue if I remember correctly.

"whant me to cut the pizza in 6 or 8 slices Moose?"

D'uh,8 i'm really hungry!" lol

not a big Archie collector on purpose,just find a lot of EH editions,and won an auction lot of about 100 digests for 8 bucks.Thought they were all EH! but around a dozen english ones slipped in there.

bda6254b-4076-4f00-ad40-d680c0418b07_zpseee3ac02.jpg

So,I got this last week,paperback sized,could not find much info other than the examples I saw were all pretty beat up.The expression on Herc the dogs face slays me though makes me lol !

5f350e4b-2dbd-4320-bc2b-033e9c4c974d_zpse829fd00.jpg

Seriously..WTF is that????It's borderline creepy

Pif Gadget has been one of the most important french antologic comic magazines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pif_gadget

I have a friend which worked for them in the 1990s. One of our top Disney artists, Giorgio Cavazzano, also worked for the magazine:

h-20-1399637-1232891380.jpg

Claudio is there anything you don't know about obscure foreign books? lol

Claudio is there anything you don't know about obscure foreign books? lol

Pif is not "obscure" by any means. In France it probably peaked to print runs much like those of Spider-Man or Astro Boy for the japanese. lol

How about I rephrase it to: Is there anything you don't know about foreign books that are obscure to those of us in the US? :roflmao:

Really? :o I must be misremembering - I've owned digests from that series before.

I have some regular digests,then Double and the Geant.I will get a pic of them up all together.I went and measured it.It was bigger in my mind...

One of the older Archie EH comic size I have...man,I am gonna have to pull out my box of super hero EHs and get some pics up before you gang think I focus on Archie all the time...I just find them weekly it seems...for next to nothing.

33bfc672-640e-4f57-a9b4-df7dbab91970_zpsbdffceda.jpg