• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone. I've been reading this thread for awhile now but have never gotten around to posting anything. I've been collecting foreign editions, whenever I can possibly find them, for many years. I'm so happy to find a group of people who appreciate this difficult aspect of our hobby. Here's one I haven't seen posted yet. The american Frankensteins are hard enough to come by. I would love to know how many of these were printed. British, 1954

frankenstein1.jpg

i finally got my cap 100. its the only book I bought in May. My dad called me everyday to see if i got. Its a grail for me. I will have to now go "Hector Icelandic Style" on the Japanese Cap....

2013-06-04_12-07-55_156_zpsb3b79b81.jpg

:headbang::headbang: Nice to see that is finally in your hands dude!!! :headbang::headbang:

Nice to see that is finally in your hands dude!!!
This sooooo belongs in the out of context thread. :roflmao:

haha yes out of context! Whether its a mexican cap or my weiner, yes Im glad to have both in my hands...at the same time...

haha yes out of context! Whether its a mexican cap or my weiner, yes Im glad to have both in my hands...at the same time...

Remind me to never handle any books that come from you without gloves. :sick:

Hi there everyone. I've been reading this thread for awhile now but have never gotten around to posting anything. I've been collecting foreign editions, whenever I can possibly find them, for many years. I'm so happy to find a group of people who appreciate this difficult aspect of our hobby. Here's one I haven't seen posted yet. The american Frankensteins are hard enough to come by. I would love to know how many of these were printed. British, 1954

frankenstein1.jpg

Thats sick! :o Nice to see ya come out of the shadows and join us! Welcome aboard sir! (thumbs u As far as British silver age stuff and older I really dont have any idea about who to contact print runs? (shrug) Proabably a question someone in the Golden age crew might be able to answer.....

Congrats on the Mexican Cap 100 Tony! Are the pages as white as they appear? hm Real cool.......... So your a two fister uh? Both hands kept busy.... :roflmao:

you already touched the poster i sent i assume

that was from Harley before he pulled a doosh move on me

Congrats on the Mexican Cap 100 Tony! Are the pages as white as they appear? hm Real cool.......... So your a two fister uh? Both hands kept busy.... :roflmao:

yes i would assume CGC will say its off white. For a mexican book with a cover date of Jan 31, 1970, I would say its in amazing condition

I love to see when someone finds a book they've been searching for :applause:

me too hector! one Day I hope to have a row lined up of Foreign Grails!

Looks like we are starting to slowly but surely do that...

Now if we could just find that pesky aussie 227 before Cheetah