• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

vaillant,you seem to be the only one who likes the non hero books as I do,so,for you sir

e86d05f9-5718-40b6-a8a0-fabd04539000_zps969eff6f.jpg

You can not believe it, but I think I actually bought this very same book (or at least others from 1984 and 1985): they used to import them from germany where I vacationed at the seaside. Of course I did not know a word of german, but I loved to buy them because each issue contained either stickers, a poster or some paper gadget. I still have some of the stickers, and I loved to read the german words and laugh, precisely because they sounded funny and I did not understood them.

For example, there is an Uncle Scrooge story where in the original italian Scrooge has a room labeled on the door "ciarpame" (which is a funny word in italian, and now slipping out of use, which is a pity) – the german version had "gerümpel" which made me laugh because of the sound. lol

The story was published here, on the german Lustige Taschenbücher #43.

I am affectioned to this worn out issue because it has been obtained in a trade with a close friend of mine:

WSiMInQl.jpg

which is the german edition of Classici Disney #64 (in the german edition Uncle Scrooge has a "DD" on the helm because his name in german is Onkel Dagobert).

vYsKwHBl.jpg

This series has been pretty much what got me into collecting: it reprinted the best italian Disney stories (with the exception of some issues, e.g. #6 is Barks stories only), and is one of the most cherished and collected italian titles: early issues, especially in grade, command premium prices.

Suffice to say that if I should decide to sell my #2 I could afford a lowgrade FF#1… ;)

More Vampi today

Vampirella #80 canadian price variant of $2.00 instead of $1.75

v49y.jpg

Vampirella e... Hypocrite (Milano Libri Edizioni) #1 (October 1977), L1500

supplement to Alter alter (Milano Libri Edizioni) anno 5, n.10, Italian

u217.jpg

Vampirella e... Alma di Dràgon (Milano Libri Edizioni) #3 (June 1978), L1500

supplement to Alter alter (Milano Libri Edizioni) anno 6, n.6, Italian

4avb.jpg

We need to add a pair for Golden and Platinum (or their foreign equivalents).

I just acquired a 1939 italian Superman (the third of only four issues) – which features a "bootleg" story written and drawn in Italy (the first two contained Superman stories translated from the newspaper strips).