• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

thanks for the heads up-- I was putting them in spoilers more so that people could just clink on ones that were of interest AND if they wanted to quote me, I wasn't polluting the thread ad nauseum with 10 images of sloppy Swedish comic books.

Dude... Valliant is right... no spoilers.... if its a foreign book and you wish to share its more than welcome here! :headbang:

Nice books BTW! :applause:

Thank you to the oh so Wonderful Elisa!!!!

i swear whatever you ask for she somehow finds :cloud9:

One of my favorite copper covers....

20140221_131712_zpsc4f0a1d3.jpg

Inside was a cool Todd McFarlane pic i never seen before of Superman and Batman does anybody know where it was originally published?

I never seen a McFarlane Supes before

20140221_133329_zpsbbead09d.jpg

Some new uploads, first japanese marvel translations 1972 conan and captain america. 1958 and 1978/79 superman variants and what is that????spidey side by side with nude centerfolds!!!!!not sure of the rules here so I added the stars over her sorry guys...... Did we ever print stuff like this in the U.S. or elsewhere?? check out the photobucket for the rest with more to come.........IMG_2187_zpsac8e2bc6.jpg

IMG_2169_zps8a7ebb28.jpg

IMG_2170_zpse9c8f936.jpg

IMG_2180_zps14763a71.jpg

IMG_2166_zps49bc4d83.jpg

play_zps2de45f27.jpg

I think that Woo will give you serious problems with Tim (i.e. he will track you down TO DEATH unless you sell it to him…) lol

Seriously, they are awesome. Do you know japanese? The only time I managed to purchase a vintage comic from Japan it was a nightmare (well, it’s a 1957 book but nonetheless…)

I think that Woo will give you serious problems with Tim (i.e. he will track you down TO DEATH unless you sell it to him…) lol

Seriously, they are awesome. Do you know japanese? The only time I managed to purchase a vintage comic from Japan it was a nightmare (well, it’s a 1957 book but nonetheless…)

I have to say... that Japanese Cap #111 would look great next to my Mexican and South African ones. hm

I mean: is there a tradition of vintage comics dealers in Japan? It was difficult for me to figure it out, but again I bought my book from a private collector when there was a lot less on the Internet and on eBay.

I think I may have already showed this to you, but here it is anyway: the 1957 supplement to Shounen, with the second part of the "Yellow Horse" Astro Boy story "Duel on the Alps" – I would love to find more early Astro Boy stories, either on the Shounen regular issues and/or supplements. :)

PoizhU6h.jpg

About the Woo magazine: I was mostly speaking for Tim, which recently got the South-African edition of that Steranko Cap. See here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7456274#Post7456274

(and please post your Woo there as well – or I will do so! lol )

I have to say... that Japanese Cap #111 would look great next to my Mexican and South African ones. hm

Good luck with Henro! lol

BTW, he nicely allowed me to repost the Cap, so I’ll throw it in in the SA Foreign thread! (thumbs u