• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

A couple things I picked up at Motor City this weekend.

I didn't recognize the dealer I got this from.

Avengers71UnitedKingdom_zps135dc2ac.jpg

This one came from our very own Dale Roberts. It was in a collection he bought at the show. Thanks Dale! (thumbs u

JourneyIntoMystery109UnitedKingdom_zps4372b539.jpg

I did not know you collected the british price variants as well, Tim. :)
I don't have a lot of them but, to me, they fit into the qualifications of "foreign edition". I've got a few random ones, I'd have more if there wasn't, almost always, higher priority books that turn up. I'm rather fond of them though. :grin:

th_Avengers196UnitedKingdom_zpse1b04de5.jpgth_GhostRider9UK.jpgth_GhostRider10UK.jpgth_GhostRider11UK.jpg

th_GhostRider12UK.jpgth_GhostRider16UK.jpgth_JourneyIntoMystery109UnitedKingdom_zps4372b539.jpg

This one is the italian Spidey #500, regular edition (there are two variants which have metallic silver and blue ink instead of gold).

It uses the cover of the Amazing Spider-Man Extra one shot and it’s from 2008 as well (by 2008 the title name changed to "Spider-Man" in english instead of "Uomo Ragno"):

yD8PN0Lh.jpg

This one is the italian Spidey #500, regular edition (there are two variants which have metallic silver and blue ink instead of gold).

It uses the cover of the Amazing Spider-Man Extra one shot and it’s from 2008 as well (by 2008 the title name changed to "Spider-Man" in english instead of "Uomo Ragno"):

yD8PN0Lh.jpg

That's cool. Are they hard to track down? Expensive? I'm not much into modern stuff but I like that cover and wouldn't at all mind adding one of each color to my ever growing collection. hm

Don’t know about the two variants but this one is pretty common as most issues are, I can offer it for about $5.

I picked a copy of this and the silver (platinum) variant because they were nice copies while I was looking for modern italian Spideys for Racetrack (Anfield). He picked the platinum but I know little about their original print runs. (shrug)

Information about the issue can be found here: http://www.ragnoman.com/Html_SM_Marvelitalia/SM500.html

That's the Alex Ross cover, I believe from a TPB but I can't be sure.
That is correct sir. They also made a poster of it and used it as the variant cover for the FF Omnibus. Sadly it doesn't reprint FF #1 it reprints FF #10. ???

That's the Alex Ross cover, I believe from a TPB but I can't be sure.
That is correct sir. They also made a poster of it and used it as the variant cover for the FF Omnibus. Sadly it doesn't reprint FF #1 it reprints FF #10. ???

Well, it’s equally cool. Consider that in Italy we never had a FF#1 edition with the right cover. Or better, there was one a few years ago, sold in bundle with a TPB, but it used the "Fantastic Four" logo instead of "Fantastici Quattro", so it looks like the american one. :(

So,I got this last week,paperback sized,could not find much info other than the examples I saw were all pretty beat up.The expression on Herc the dogs face slays me though makes me lol !

5f350e4b-2dbd-4320-bc2b-033e9c4c974d_zpse829fd00.jpg

So,I got this last week,paperback sized,could not find much info other than the examples I saw were all pretty beat up.The expression on Herc the dogs face slays me though makes me lol !

5f350e4b-2dbd-4320-bc2b-033e9c4c974d_zpse829fd00.jpg

Seriously..WTF is that????It's borderline creepy