• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Did anyone score this book on EBay yesterday? Looks to be in incredible condition for a Mexican copy. First time I have seen one. Does anyone know what issues #1 and #2 look like?

KGrHqZl4FBDk3VtkBQRqMI5dwQ60_3.jpg

I was watching it but it went beyond what I was willing to pay. I may have been more tempted if the seller had better scans that didn't crop the edges of the books out.

Did anyone score this book on EBay yesterday? Looks to be in incredible condition for a Mexican copy. First time I have seen one. Does anyone know what issues #1 and #2 look like?

KGrHqZl4FBDk3VtkBQRqMI5dwQ60_3.jpg

I was watching it but it went beyond what I was willing to pay. I may have been more tempted if the seller had better scans that didn't crop the edges of the books out.

I did not find this comic in ebay...can you post the link?

Cool stuff Eerie Publication (thumbs u

Got this one of ebay for $2.50, I though it would look good next to my Mighty World of Marvel #198.

th_IncredibleHulk180Canada_zps8f8d33fa.jpgth_MightyWorldofMarvel198.jpg

Hey dude, I got a super beat up Mexican copy of Hulk 180-181...you can have it for free.....you just need to remind me....seriously, you need to remind me..

BTW mn, you have incredible luck, like crazy good luck finding specific comics, at the right time, for pennies (practically). When I was looking for my that copy, I was going nuts trying to find it....timing, sometimes, its all timing.. hm

Cool stuff Eerie Publication (thumbs u

Got this one of ebay for $2.50, I though it would look good next to my Mighty World of Marvel #198.

Hey dude, I got a super beat up Mexican copy of Hulk 180-181...you can have it for free.....you just need to remind me....seriously, you need to remind me..

BTW mn, you have incredible luck, like crazy good luck finding specific comics, at the right time, for pennies (practically). When I was looking for my that copy, I was going nuts trying to find it....timing, sometimes, its all timing.. hm

You're not the only one to tell me I've got outstanding luck finding stuff. Define999 mentioned that during one of our first conversations (via PM) when I told him I had just started collecting foreign editions and two of the first books I came across were the Novaro Batman #227 and House of Secrets #92. Hopefully my dumb luck will hold out for a while longer. lol

Beautiful Avengers French Heritage books Eerie!!! I was wonderin… was there a nice selection of French Canadian variants at the Montreal show? hm

You're not the only one to tell me I've got outstanding luck finding stuff. Define999 mentioned that during one of our first conversations (via PM) when I told him I had just started collecting foreign editions and two of the first books I came across were the Novaro Batman #227 and House of Secrets #92. Hopefully my dumb luck will hold out for a while longer. lol

Yes LSC! You have to be one of the luckiest bastards I know! Poor Hector and I spend months to forever looking for specific books and BAM you have them like its nothing at dirt cheap prices! Either you have the darndest luck, or you sold your soul for foreign variant gold… I am starting to think the latter… lol

For instance.. I have Ebay daily alerts for “La Prensa” “Mexican comics” “Novaro” etc… how the hell did LSC’s recent FF La Prensa win miss my radar? Well the seller called it Spanish Fantastic four comic or something like that… La Prensa never hit the listing, which in most cases La Prensa always will bring it up on the alerts.

The luck of this guy is mind blowing….. I think I need the devils digits LSC? I got something he might want to trade for….. :devil:

BTW nice French first Wolvie LSC! :cloud9:

And you know I am just bustin your balls.. I am glad we got ya on our side! (thumbs u

Edited by Define999

You can’t even guess how imaginative seller can be in auction titles.

If you try to deliberately mispell most titles, you can end up with interesting results. Once I won an auction because it went largely unnoticed (italian comics).

I once saw an auction that was finalized as a "mexican batman"....it was a french Batman 251...and have not seen it since....