• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

It's hard for me to belive that the first of these books was submitted for grading in the begining of 2009.

Now, I can officially...like officially..say that I now own every single foreign edition and US reprint that has the cover to ASM 252. Today I received my 2012 French reprint "La Naissance de Venom (1/2)"......

22 ASM 252 books

ASM 252 Mini Promo book

ASM 252 Russian Bootleg

aaaand the German Spiderman 1/444 Blank with a Ron Frenz Recreation of ASM 252..

23/25 are graded SS ...totally stocked...This was my second completed project of a single book/cover, but by far, the most pimpest foreign "set" in existance !!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:applause:

Pics please!

I will have proper scans for all of them once I return from deployment...but, basically (in a rough manner I supposse), this is what how the set looks ...the russian book had thick cardstcock for all its pages, just translated scans from digital files on the net put together to make the book (not sure if it got an "NG" designation)...

252-1.png

russia252.png

unbelievbly awesome collection. but I think you're also missing the US Direct version, with spidey head instead of barcode. easy enough to get I think, just surprised you dont have it yet.

Having foreign sets get past the 20 books mark which I think this one does if you remove the American ones... puts you into crazytown territory! :o Its rare.... lets just say that....

from my good pal Brazil Will!

1stanlee020_zpsc867dd25-1_zpsab049c9c.jpg

Technically speaking this may actually be a foreign edition, as I am sure it uses italian material inside, and seems to mirror (judging from the cover) a recent issue of "Topolino" (graphic design is similar). Cover by Giorgio Cavazzano or one of his many "imitators"… lol

Thanks for clearing that up Cluadio! (thumbs u

from my good pal Brazil Will!

1stanlee020_zpsc867dd25-1_zpsab049c9c.jpg

Technically speaking this may actually be a foreign edition, as I am sure it uses italian material inside, and seems to mirror (judging from the cover) a recent issue of "Topolino" (graphic design is similar). Cover by Giorgio Cavazzano or one of his many "imitators"… lol

Thanks for clearing that up Cluadio! (thumbs u

I believe the interior is in Portuguese. Was just brought back from Brazil this summer.

I was looking through Photobucket yesterday and decided to move the scans of my SS foreign books into the same folder with the rest of my foreign editions. It just seemed a little awkward to have them separated since I don't have that many US SS books left (54). This brings the current number of pics in that folder to 507 and I've still got a whole bunch of stuff on the way. Here's a link for anyone that hasn't looked recently or at all. (thumbs u

Foreign Editions

T2eC16VHJGkE9no8hZzzBQ4d1CcPUQ60_3.jpg

Ahhh..the amazingly wicked Canadian price variant!

But they fugged up yet another label [no Canadian edition notation!]. Not a big deal as I've already cracked this puppy out. :cloud9:

You should sell this to me. :baiting:

Mine doesn't note it either. I think the submitter has to specify it on the form:

Thor_337_CGC_96_sized.jpg

I believe the interior is in Portuguese. Was just brought back from Brazil this summer.

Yes, I was referring to that. Brazil has always been big in publishing italian stories, and in the 1970s and 1980s we have had many brazilian stories as well, including "Paper Bat" (a Batman parody featuring Fethry Duck which is a brazilian creation, here in this book we have an original italian cover by our stellar Disney artist Marco Rota): (thumbs u

1934422-hr_super.jpg

Edited by vaillant

I was looking through Photobucket yesterday and decided to move the scans of my SS foreign books into the same folder with the rest of my foreign editions. It just seemed a little awkward to have them separated since I don't have that many US SS books left (54). This brings the current number of pics in that folder to 507 and I've still got a whole bunch of stuff on the way. Here's a link for anyone that hasn't looked recently or at all. (thumbs u

Foreign Editions

After carefully looking through every book and title, differentiating their quality, sorting through your various types of Signatures and their particular placement, the grades, the books you specifically chose to get signed, the countries that you have managed to find for certain issues, and of course, the sheer amount of volume per genre...I have come to one conclusion...only one.......

one...we have no life....

Foreign Editions

After carefully looking through every book and title, differentiating their quality, sorting through your various types of Signatures and their particular placement, the grades, the books you specifically chose to get signed, the countries that you have managed to find for certain issues, and of course, the sheer amount of volume per genre...I have come to one conclusion...only one.......

one...we have no life....

I can't argue that. :roflmao:

any chinese marvel or dc comics yet? not counting the mangas.

Heh… :D as you know the "Il Topolino d’Oro" are not so scarce (last ones are tougher, anyway, must have had a lower print run), but tough to find in truly high grade, so when I have the opportunity, little by little I buy them, especially if there are stories I love or that are most relevant, like this one. :)

Sorry Hector ,my spell check called you cheap lol

In my village, being cheap is a compliment, right up there with romantic, poetic, sophisticated, charming, confident, and being able to sustain a full 43-second ërection while getting a Vasectomy.... :headbang:

Sorry Hector ,my spell check called you cheap lol

In my village, being cheap is a compliment, right up there with romantic, poetic, sophisticated, charming, confident, and being able to sustain a full 43-second ërection while getting a Vasectomy.... :headbang:

:roflmao: