• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 report.

14 posts in this topic

carpet.

Beats Wizard World Chicago.

How've you done with the new collection?

I am totally overwhelmed by the whole thing. Honestly. I actually didn't even go today because Thursday and Friday were so crazy. I didn't think I would sell anywhere near this much.

carpet.

:makepoint:

carpet.

I am totally overwhelmed by the whole thing. Honestly. I actually didn't even go today because Thursday and Friday were so crazy. I didn't think I would sell anywhere near this much.

uh oh- doesn't sound good for sloppy seconds

carpet.

Where's the market report of what sold ? :popcorn:

carpet.

Everything. Raw DCs, raw Marvels, raw keys, slabbed DCs, slabbed Marvels.

Raw low grade keys did really well. I sold my low grade FF 1, Avengers 1, TOS 39, ASM 6, FF 12 and my two mid-grade copies of Avengers 4. Other keys/semi-keys sold immediately when priced right, like my Cap 117, ASM 129, Batman 222/227 and others. A lot of the slabbed Spideys went fast, including 9.4 copies of 122 and 129, and a 9.6 196.

Weird stuff seemed hot. I can't tell you how many people wanted Aquaman, sold every one I had. My raw Lois Lanes also went quickly as they were nice copies and priced well, but I also sold three high grade slabs including 9.6 white copies of 31 and 37. I sold maybe 30 LLs altogether. Wonder Woman was also hot, everything I had was immediately scooped. Superboy was slow, as was Superman. Marvels sold steadily and I moved a few bigger slabs like my Iron Man/Subby 1 9.8 and FF 13 in 9.2. Both of those sold before noon on Friday.

In the end, I don't think it matters all that much what the title is. If you have high grade copies priced right, they will sell....fast. Also, most of what I sold went in bulk. Sold two raw shortboxes full to one dealer and another raw shortbox to another. Two or three dealers bought 15+ slabs, with three or four other dealers buying 5-10 each. I had a few one-off sales, but not many.

carpet.

Everything. Raw DCs, raw Marvels, raw keys, slabbed DCs, slabbed Marvels.

Raw low grade keys did really well. I sold my low grade FF 1, Avengers 1, TOS 39, ASM 6, FF 12 and my two mid-grade copies of Avengers 4. Other keys/semi-keys sold immediately when priced right, like my Cap 117, ASM 129, Batman 222/227 and others. A lot of the slabbed Spideys went fast, including 9.4 copies of 122 and 129, and a 9.6 196.

Weird stuff seemed hot. I can't tell you how many people wanted Aquaman, sold every one I had. My raw Lois Lanes also went quickly as they were nice copies and priced well, but I also sold three high grade slabs including 9.6 white copies of 31 and 37. I sold maybe 30 LLs altogether. Wonder Woman was also hot, everything I had was immediately scooped. Superboy was slow, as was Superman. Marvels sold steadily and I moved a few bigger slabs like my Iron Man/Subby 1 9.8 and FF 13 in 9.2. Both of those sold before noon on Friday.

In the end, I don't think it matters all that much what the title is. If you have high grade copies priced right, they will sell....fast. Also, most of what I sold went in bulk. Sold two raw shortboxes full to one dealer and another raw shortbox to another. Two or three dealers bought 15+ slabs, with three or four other dealers buying 5-10 each. I had a few one-off sales, but not many.

:applause: Great job, Andy.