• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MONTREAL COMICCON

34 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

The Montreal Comiccon will be held on September 14th-16th 2012 at Palais des Congres in Downtown Montreal.

http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/en/

We tripled our size of the hall to accommodate everyone this year

Lots of great guests:

Patrick Stewart

William Shatner

Malcolm McDowell

Will Wheaton

James Marsters

Georges Perez

Mike Mignola

Tim Sale

Darwynn Cooke

Mike & Laura Allred

David Finch

Frank Cho

Ben Templesmith

jim Starlin

Richard Starkings

and many more

Tickets are on sale

http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/en/tickets.php

We will also be hosting the Shuster Awards this year.

Hope to see you with us.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Ottawa Comic Con next weekend is serving as the small Montreal show.

From my understanding,

It is the first show and is being put on by the same promoters as the Montreal show.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Ottawa Comic Con next weekend is serving as the small Montreal show.

From my understanding,

It is the first show and is being put on by the same promoters as the Montreal show.

That's right, and but smaller is yet to be seen. It's still a full two day show, and first year, it is the same promoters as Montreal.

http://www.ottawacomiccon.com/

From my understanding,

They drew about 20,000 people, so it's not a small one.

Will there be any show (or "mini" comiccon) in Montreal before then (I guess in June) ?

I've been told that the little one-day shows are a thing of the past, but don't quote me on that. I hope I'm wrong, but if not, those of us who enjoy the little shows should speak up.

I for one do not enjoy big shows (except as a vendor).

Just noticed this on the Mtl comiccon website..

because usually every year i only check out the film related guests and not so much the comic guys

But now..Georges Perez And Mike Mignola !!

September is pret-ty far away :cry:

Too bad MIGNOLA does NOT do sketches... I just inquired... :(

At least now I won't waste my time waiting in line for nothing. I should have bought that MIGNOLA sketched on blank cover for sale here a few months ago...

Hi everyone,

The Montreal Comiccon will be held on September 14th-16th 2012 at Palais des Congres in Downtown Montreal.

http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/en/

We tripled our size of the hall to accommodate everyone this year

Lots of great guests:

Patrick Stewart

William Shatner

Malcolm McDowell

Will Wheaton

Georges Perez

Mike Mignola

Tim Sale

Darwynn Cooke

David Finch

Frank Cho

Ben Templesmith

jim Starlin

Richard Starkings

and many more

Tickets are on sale

http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/en/tickets.php

We will also be hosting the Shuster Awards this year.

Hope to see you with us.

We are presenting the 8th annual Joe Shuster Awards for Canadian Comic Book Creators on Saturday, September 15th.

www.joeshusterawards.com

It also looks like my store, the Comic Book Lounge will have a booth at the show.

Joe Shuster Awards/Prix Joe Shuster

Full list of 2012 Nominees / La liste complète des nominés 2012

Posted on 05/09/2012 by joeshusterawards

Artist / Dessinateur

* Chris Bachalo Age of X: Alpha 1, Avengers 13, 15, Wolverine and the X-Men 1-3, X-Men 7-10 (Marvel Comics)

* Marc Delafontaine Les Nombrils T.5: Un Couple D’enfer (Delcourt)

* Stuart Immonen Fear Itself 1-7, “Queen, King, Off-Suit“/X-Men: To Serve and Protect 4 (Marvel Comics), “Say You’re Dead“/Outlaw Territory Vol.2 (Image)

* Fred Jourdain Le Dragon Bleu / The Blue Dragon (Éditions Alto/Ex Machina/House of Anansi Press)

* Jeff Lemire Jonah Hex 69 (DC Comics), “A Coffin for Mrs. Bishell”/ Outlaw Territory Vol. 2 (Image)

* Yanick Paquette, Nathan Fairbairn Swamp Thing 1-3, Batman Incorporated 3, 5 (with Michel Lacombe) (DC Comics)

* Cameron Stewart “Chapter 1: The School of Night“/Batman Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes! 1 (DC Comics), Suicide Girls 1-4 (IDW)

Cartoonist / Créateur

* Chester Brown Paying For It: A Comic Strip Memoir About Being A John (D+Q)

* Darwyn Cooke ”The Seventh“/Parker: The Martini Edition, “Betty Saves the Day“/Rocketeer Adventures 2 (IDW)

* Guy Delisle Chroniques de Jerusalem (Delcourt)

* Ray Fawkes One Soul, Possessions Book Two (Oni Press)

* Francois Lapierre Chroniques Sauvages (Glenat Quebec)

* Jeff Lemire Sweet Tooth 17-25 (DC/Vertigo)

* Ramon Perez Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand (Archaia Press)

* Michel Rabagliati Paul au Parc (La Pasteque)

Cover Artist / Dessinateur Couvertures

* Kalman Andrasofszky X-23 5-19, X-Men: Earth’s Mutant Heroes 1 (Marvel Comics), Stan Lee’s Soldier Zero 6-10 (Boom!)

* Kaare Andrews Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis 5, Ultimate Comics Hawkeye 1-4, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 156, 1-5, Ultimate Comics X-Men 1-5, Ultimate Comics Ultimates 1-5 (Marvel Comics)

* Fred Jourdain Le Dragon Bleu / The Blue Dragon (Éditions Alto/Ex Machina/House of Anansi Press)

* Francois Lapierre Chroniques Sauvages (Glenat Quebec)

* Jeff Lemire Jonah Hex 69 (DC Comics), Sweet Tooth 18-28 (DC/Vertigo)

* Francis Manapul The Flash Vol.4 9-12, The Flash Vol. 5 1-4, Flashpoint: Grodd of War 1, Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost 1-3, Green Lantern 4, Green Lantern Corps 62, Superboy 5, T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents 5 (DC Comics) 7 Warriors (Boom!)

* Yanick Paquette Batman Incorporated 3-5, Knight and Squire 1-6, Swamp Thing 1-4 (DC Comics)

Webcomics Creator / Créateur de Bandes Dessinées Web

* Jayd Ait-Kaci The Fox Sister, Sfeer Theory

* Emily Carroll Comics 2011 (Anu-Anulan and Yir’s Daughter, Dream Journal Mar 30th, Margot’s Room, The Prince and The Sea)

* Tony Cliff Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant

* Kate Craig Heart of Ice

* Iris and Zviane L’ostie d’chat – Le blog de Jasmin et Jean-Seb

* Drazen Kozjan The Happy Undertaker

* Ty Templeton Bun Toons

Writer / Écrivain

* Anthony Del Col, Connor McCreery Kill Shakespeare 9-12 (IDW)

* Francis Desharnais Motel Galactic (Editions Pow Pow)

* Maryse Dubuc, Marc Delafontaine Les Nombrils T.5: Un Couple D’enfer (Dupuis)

* Kathryn Immonen Avengers: Origins – Thor 1, Captain America and the First Thirteen 1, Wolverine and Jubilee 1-4, “Queen, King, Off-Suit“/X-Men: To Serve and Protect 4 (Marvel Comics), “Say You’re Dead“/Outlaw Territory Vol.2 (Image)

* Jeff Lemire Animal Man 1-4, Flashpoint: Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Unknown 1-3, Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E. 1-4, Giant Size Atom 1, Superboy 3-11 (DC Comics), Sweet Tooth 26-28 (DC/Vertigo), “-“/Brilliant! Tragic! The Comic Book 1 (Art Brut)

* Tristan Roulot Le Testament de Capitaine Crown T.1: Cinq Enfants du Putain, Goblins T.5: La Fleur au Canon, Psykoparis T.1 (Soleil)

* Kurtis G. Wiebe Green Wake 1-8, The Intrepids 1-6 (Image), “Logan‘s Lost Lesson“/Marvel Holiday Special 2011 (Marvel Comics)

* Jim Zubkavich Skull Kickers 5, 7-11 (Image

The Dragon Award (Comics for Kids) / Prix Dragon (Bandes Dessinées pour Enfants)

* Ariane et Nicolas Tome 6: Les Toiles Mysterieuses Paul Roux (Les 400 Coups)

* Big City Otto Vol.1 Bill Slavin (Kids Can Press)

* Hyena in Petticoats: The Story of Suffragette Nellie McClung Willow Dawson (Puffin Books)

* L’Agent Jean Tome 1: Le Cerveau de l’Apocalypse Alex A. (Presses Aventure)

* Lone Hawk: The Story of Air Ace Billy Bishop John Lang (Puffin Books)

* Luz Sees the Light Claudia Davila (Kids Can Press)

* Silly Kingdom: Alengrimrickshaw’s 211th Birthday Katie and Steven Shanahan (Self-Published)

* Three Thieves Book 2: The Sign of the Black Rock Scott Chantler (Kids Can Press)

Gene Day Award (Self-Publishers) / Prix Gene Day (Auto-éditeurs)

* Silly Kingdom: Alengrimrickshaw’s 211th Birthday Katie and Steven Shanahan

* Ghost Rabbit by Dakota McFadzean

* Drupe Jeremy Bourgeois Raymonde

* 21 Journeys Cloudscape Comics Collective,

* Fifteen Months Colleen MacIsaac

Harry Kremer Award (Retailers) / Prix Harry Kremer (Détaillants)

* Amazing Stories (Saskatoon, SK)

* Another Dimension (Calgary, AB)

* The Comic Hunter (Moncton, NB)

* Comic Readers (Regina, SK)

* Golden Age Collectables (Vancouver, BC)

* Heroes (London, ON)

* L’Imaginaire (Quebec City, QC)

* Silver Snail (Toronto, ON)

* Studio 9 Comic Shop (Montreal, QC)

* Warp 1 Comics and Games (Edmonton, AB)