• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SS on high grade keys?

206 posts in this topic

The only sig I would want is Joe Simon

Not Silver, but still awesome.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-33.jpg

that's a nice book, sean. :cloud9:

If I owned a Capt 1 HG. I wouldn't have hesitated to SS it. Something about Simon's sig.

Erm, from beyond the grave? I guess that would make for a good resale.

Since I was using past tense, I should have used "had." :blahblah:

That's a nicely placed signature.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Shockingly, this has turned into SS people vs the world :idea:

The OP asked about re-sale down the line. I think the responses have shown what i said from the beginning. No matter what your thoughts on SS, a LOT of people dont like it and you're definitely reducing your pool of buyers.

Will it sell eventually and for more money? Yes

Question is, do you have enough time/$$$ to sit and wait for the right HG SS buyer to come along (thumbs u

That seems sound, and I really appreciate all the comments in response to my original post. The evidence, though, seems a little circumstantial. How many SS haters would buy a 4 figure book, or a five figure book, unsigned or no? I take your point , sufunk, about some big spenders staying away from sigs. On the flip side, if a sig hater is primarily buying $50 or $100 books, there's that, too.

I think I'm gonna probly buy one semi-pricey book and test the waters. I'm in no hurry for a resale.

hm

That's sounds suspiciously like you received a pm from one of the SS junkies saying "don't listen to that insufficiently_thoughtful_person $&@%#, he only buys $50 books anyways!!!".

lol

The OP asked about re-sale down the line. I think the responses have shown what i said from the beginning. No matter what your thoughts on SS, a LOT of people dont like it and you're definitely reducing your pool of buyers.

Question is, do you have enough time/$$$ to sit and wait for the right HG SS buyer to come along (thumbs u

That seems sound, and I really appreciate all the comments in response to my original post. The evidence, though, seems a little circumstantial. How many SS haters would buy a 4 figure book, or a five figure book, unsigned or no? I take your point , sufunk, about some big spenders staying away from sigs. On the flip side, if a sig hater is primarily buying $50 or $100 books, there's that, too.

Btw, that coin you got there has TWO sides ya know!

How many SS lovers would buy a 4 or 5 figure book? I don't think anyone is gonna say that SS guys have or spend more money than non SS collectors.

Regardless, they're your books. If you have the time and don't need quick cash, have at it and good luck (thumbs u

P.s.- Please, please, PLEASE don't do it to a Pedigree book :wishluck:

Guest Grails

How many SS lovers would buy a 4 or 5 figure book? I don't think anyone is gonna say that SS guys have or spend more money than non SS collectors.

:facepalm: Has it come to this? Who has the most money to spend? Here's a thought. Forget the labels. Believe it or not, these "SS Guys" actually buy books that are not SS. Be thankful I didn't have my 9.8 Boston Silver Surfer #1 signed.

:facepalm: Has it come to this? Who has the most money to spend? Here's a thought. Forget the labels. Believe it or not, these "SS Guys" actually buy books that are not SS. Be thankful I didn't have my 9.8 Boston Silver Surfer #1 signed.

Seriously, you SS guys have a MAJOR inferiority complex! doh!

I'm not saying anyone has more money. He made the statement that non SS guys might just buy cheap books. I was only pointing out that the same can be said for the pro SS crowd. I'm sure there's plenty of BSD's and cheapskates in both crews.

You guys are so defensive it's unreal! (shrug)

Guest Grails

I'm not defensive at all. Reread the part of your post that I quoted. It sounds like you are the one with the complex. I enjoy collecting both signed and unsigned books. I have no problem with people who don't dig SS but at least present a reasonable point.

I'm not defensive at all. Reread the part of your post that I quoted. It sounds like you are the one with the complex. I enjoy collecting both signed and unsigned books. I have no problem with people who don't dig SS but at least present a reasonable point.

Yeah, cus you took that completely out of context ignoring the rest of the post AND what I quoted to fit your agenda (thumbs u

The "reasonablle point" is exactly what I said in the 1st post. A LOT of people won't buy SS books so you're reducing your potential buyers on a book you're planning to resell. More than half the people in this thread have said they WON'T buy SS books. Unless you believe all those people are cheapskates who only buy $50 books anyways, you've just reduced your potential buyers by half. Are you arguing that they isn't a decent % of people that won't buy SS books???

How much more "reasonable" a point do you freaking want? Of course though, because of the SS inferiority complex, you've ignored all that and somehow made my argument to be SS books suck, are evil and the people who collect them are ??? ???

I'm not saying anyone has more money. He made the statement that non SS guys might just buy cheap books. I was only pointing out that the same can be said for the pro SS crowd. I'm sure there's plenty of BSD's and cheapskates in both crews.

Don't worry, we'll all be the same soon, income redistribution will make everything more fair. :boo:

Any unique feature of any collectible item may result in limiting potential buyers. Some features do increase the desirability, but some do not.

The fact that some people do not like writing on comics means that there are fewer potential buyers than if the books had no writing on them. I rely on that fact to say that an SS book is not necessarily going to sell faster.

Logic says it should take longer, given fewer potential buyers. But clearly some people really like the signatures, and some will pay premiums and jump at them quickly. To me that means that an SS book could sell immediately given the right audience, if the right buyer is watching. That also applies to any item for sale, so it comes down to who is actually looking when the book is offered.

Finding the best place to sell that item is the biggest key, so concentrate on that instead of the signatures. Regards,

Guest Grails

Yeah, cus you took that completely out of context ignoring the rest of the post AND what I quoted to fit your agenda (thumbs u

The "reasonablle point" is exactly what I said in the 1st post. A LOT of people won't buy SS books so you're reducing your potential buyers on a book you're planning to resell. More than half the people in this thread have said they WON'T buy SS books. Unless you believe all those people are cheapskates who only buy $50 books anyways, you've just reduced your potential buyers by half. Are you arguing that they isn't a decent % of people that won't buy SS books???

How much more "reasonable" a point do you freaking want? Of course though, because of the SS inferiority complex, you've ignored all that and somehow made my argument to be SS books suck, are evil and the people who collect them are ??? ???

I didn't realize I had an agenda. Anyway, nice talking with you brother. At least we can say we both collect comics.

Don't worry, we'll all be the same soon, income redistribution will make everything more fair. :boo:

Any unique feature of any collectible item may result in limiting potential buyers. Some features do increase the desirability, but some do not.

The fact that some people do not like writing on comics means that there are fewer potential buyers than if the books had no writing on them. I rely on that fact to say that an SS book is not necessarily going to sell faster.

Logic says it should take longer, given fewer potential buyers. But clearly some people really like the signatures, and some will pay premiums and jump at them quickly. To me that means that an SS book could sell immediately given the right audience, if the right buyer is watching. That also applies to any item for sale, so it comes down to who is actually looking when the book is offered.

Finding the best place to sell that item is the biggest key, so concentrate on that instead of the signatures. Regards,

+1

A LOT depends on the book.

Ig were talking a FF 48 or something like that in 9.whatever, you probably won't have any problem selling a SS copy right away.

Now, if you're talking say a FF5 in 9.4-9.6 or something like that, I think you're going to have a VERY hard time selling that book at all as a SS much less for a premium. From what I've seen and heard, the VERY few people collecting books like that will not buy a SS book.

It's not SS people versus the world, just the people who keep telling us what to do with our books.

It's not SS people versus the world, just the people who keep telling us what to do with our books.

There not "your" books if you're planning to immediately flip it (thumbs u

Do you really think it isn't a little selfish to permanently mar a unique book like a Mile High or Pedigree to make a few more bucks knowing that is DESTROYING that book for a lot of collectors?

Do whatever you want with common books. The only problem I and most others have is SS' ing a fairly unique book rantrant

There not "your" books if you're planning to immediately flip it (thumbs u

Do you really think it isn't a little selfish to permanently mar a unique book like a Mile High or Pedigree to make a few more bucks knowing that is DESTROYING that book for a lot of collectors?

Do whatever you want with common books. The only problem I and most others have is SS' ing a fairly unique book rantrant

As I clearly pointed out earlier, not everyone buys stuff just to flip it. I have sold SS books but I've never had any done with the sole intention of selling them for profit.

What you consider marring a book is of no consequence to me. As far as your precious pedigrees go... I don't give a rats behind about those. I think it's crazy to pay the premiums they sell for just to be able to say "This is the Mile High copy". If you're so concerned about preserving pedigrees from being subbed for SS maybe all the pedigree flippers should stop putting them on the market every six months that way you don't have to worry about the SS community getting a hold of them.

Wow! :(

It's exactly that attitude that makes a lot of people hate SS people. Sorry but everything you just said there is pretty much the definition of selfish in my book. Sad :sorry:

It's exactly that attitude that makes a lot of people hate SS people. Sorry but everything you just said there is pretty much the definition of selfish in my book. Sad :sorry:

You're the one who started telling people what they should or shouldn't do with their books so deal with it.

For the record, I don't use GPA either so above or below it doesn't matter to me.

You should look up the definition of selfish when you get time. Your view on this topic is every bit as selfish.

You're the one who started telling people what they should or shouldn't do with their books so deal with it.

For the record, I don't use GPA either so above or below it doesn't matter to me.

I didn't tell anybody what to do other than say please don't SS Pedigrees. You may not I've a rats about them but a lot of people do. It wouldn't bother you if one of "us" bought the only 9.8 SS copy of some grail of yours that you dreamed of owning and cracks it out to read knocking it down to a 9.4 and selling it a few months later?

Justify it however you want. It's pretty clear your whole "I don't give a rats what anyone thinks" attitude is just a cute little defense mechanism for all the non SS love you've had to endure.

Group hug for you buddy :acclaim: