• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A through E

134 posts in this topic

a) aunt agatha, formerly forestdharma, is a man. A really beautiful man.

b) I collect old Archies and comic book covers I really like. I don't own any comic books that have bar codes. There are a lot of bronze age comics that I believe I would enjoy reading and collecting but the bar codes on the covers ruin it for me, namely, on Conan the Barbarians. Conan the Barbarian #62 being the last collectable issue for me. As long as we are being kind to each other, I believe it is good to enter our imaginations and the fantasy realm of comic books . All possibilities await us.

c) The nearest sun is 10.3 million light years away (Ross 248), Wikipedia says . They may be using powerful telescopes but I doubt that anyone can see that far with enough clarity to speak with truth of what they "see." Right now, I'm looking on eBay for binoculars where I can get a good view of the birds and chip monks I feed. If it is truly possible to see this amazing distance, with quality binoculars I should be able to see our birds feeding and be able to distinguish one bird from another.

d) Being humbled. There's nothing wrong with it. There are powers in this world greater than our own.

e) If we want to travel to other solar systems, we will probably have to replace the Starship Enterprise's warp drive engines with love engines. The reality of space travel is that we are limited to our solar system. Can we go beyond our limitations without love?

Has anyone ever told you that your face looks like it was hit by a truck?

You know, you wouldn't be the first.

Back in. That was a close call. I thought the other cave dwellers were expecting me to get back to work.

Regarding whether they were rowans or redwoods: there are caves everywhere. My chip monks have a cave under a tree. What do they call their tree?

I'm going to leave you with this thought: actually, I'm going to leave you with a poem.

"When water is scooped up by the hands,

the moon is reflected in them.

when flowers are handled,

the scent soaks into the robe.

--Wu-tsu Fa-yen

Many blessings to you.

So why don't you just open up and tell us what you really think about Metro. :foryou:

I take it we're gonna see and F all the way to Z ? :whee:

I wouldn't start an alphabet thread without plans to complete it.

I'm eager to see what M has in store.

I am going to get in so much mess for this but why is aunt agatha writing DiceX

POETRY!

Do they have a relationship???

:popcorn:

Instigators. :taptaptap:

b) I collect old Archies and comic book covers I really like. I don't own any comic books that have bar codes. There are a lot of bronze age comics that I believe I would enjoy reading and collecting but the bar codes on the covers ruin it for me, namely, on Conan the Barbarians. Conan the Barbarian #62 being the last collectable issue for me. As long as we are being kind to each other, I believe it is good to enter our imaginations and the fantasy realm of comic books . All possibilities await us.

c) The nearest sun is 10.3 million light years away (Ross 248), Wikipedia says . They may be using powerful telescopes but I doubt that anyone can see that far with enough clarity to speak with truth of what they "see." Right now, I'm looking on eBay for binoculars where I can get a good view of the birds and chip monks I feed. If it is truly possible to see this amazing distance, with quality binoculars I should be able to see our birds feeding and be able to distinguish one bird from another.

d) Being humbled. There's nothing wrong with it. There are powers in this world greater than our own.

e) If we want to travel to other solar systems, we will probably have to replace the Starship Enterprise's warp drive engines with love engines. The reality of space travel is that we are limited to our solar system. Can we go beyond our limitations without love?

I sense a leitmotif here.

POETRY!

Give it up, Dice! :popcorn:

POETRY!

Give it up, Dice! :popcorn:

lol Aggie taking a liking to ya'?

I sense a leitmotif here.

i was going to simply say "spectacular," but yours is so much eruditer.

so we'll go with that one, then

The first two lines of the post in question were written to DiceX. I should have ended my reply to DiceX after the first two lines and started a new post for the other material. That is clear to me now.

Line three was responding to ComicDonna.

The poem itself was for everybody, that means to each of you.

Even though many of you have been mean to me, I know deep inside yourselves you are good people. I am glad I hung in here long enough to see people who formerly had been mean to me be a little nice or at least neutral. That means a lot to me.

I'm not going to post on these boards anymore. There are other things in life that await. I say goodbye to you and complete my alphabet thread.

F through Z: May the kindness of our friendly universe always be with us. Blessed be.

I'm not going to post on these boards anymore. There are other things in life that await. I say goodbye to you and complete my alphabet thread.

:whee: