• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACCEPTING SUBS for PITTSBURGH, PHILLY, SDCC, Baltimore +Mail Away & Walk-In

49 posts in this topic

I am proud to announce that Comics To Astonish and myself will be offering a full service CGC Signature Series submission opportunity.

This extends to board members, mail-aways and walk up clients at conventions.

Much like other facilitators, I will be accepting subs for s/s at the following conventions--

Pittsburgh, Wiz World Philly, SDCC, NYC Comicon and Baltimore Comicon.

In conjunction with Comics To Astonish (based out of Columbia, MD), we will have a booth set up at these shows and able to take books for both the current show presently set up at, as well as holds for upcoming shows and mail-aways for private signings.

*(Note, this is not to be confused with holds for additional signatures. All books need to be subbed to CGC for grading after the first signature applied).

What I will be able to offer is an all-inclusive fee/service that covers everything---grading, prep of your books, the CGC invoice/handling fee, up to $5 toward the artist signature fee (let’s face it....several creators are not free anymore at these shows)---plus FREE additional signatures on your book from creators at the same show. **(within reason--IE; creators like Frank Miller are going to be problematic).

Incentives will include discounts on your order, as well as opportunities to get FREE FAST TRACK SERVICE on some of your books.

No hidden costs.

No additional charges for different color pens.

No additional charges for multi-sigs

No additional charges to crack existing slabs.

Discounts based on book submission.

Starting with the Pittsburgh Comicon this weekend (April 20-22), we'll be set up to take your books for that show, upcoming shows or mail-away private signings.

Most of you already know that I have mail-aways set up currently for Ed Hannigan, Joe Chiodo, Ken Meyer Jr---both s/s on your books and sketch op.

Later this summer, I'll be offering probably the biggest sketch op yet that you won't want to miss (and I wish I could say more) and possibly one other whom I thought would never do CGC s/s again. So June and July are going to be big.

For now, please do not hesitate to PM or email me with any questions, what I can offer you, and work with you to help expedite your books for CGC s/s in a fast, efficient and friendly manner.

If you have last minute books for Pittsburgh, PM me and you can mail them to my hotel. Moving forward to other shows, if you can't make the show that we will be set up and have to mail your books; try to get them to me within 3 days of the show. If a last minute emergency comes up, you can always overnight them to my hotel.

So without further ado----

So Rich, let me get this straight. You will not be charging us $3 to crack our existing SS slabs? :o

Uh, no.

Who would charge you to crack your book so that you can get it signed???

That's outrageous.

In fact, I should be paying YOU for the privilege to crack that AF 15!

:sumo:

:gossip: All kidding aside though....if someone asked me for $3 to crack my slab so that I could give them my business, that's my first incentive to walk away.

Rich CONGRATS!!!

And may I say, since Rich isn't going to Heroes :( GODOFTHUNDER Productions would like to extend the SAME rules as Rich and Crew for Heroes Comic Con! :)

Let's ALL WORK TOGETHER!

Rich CONGRATS!!!

And may I say, since Rich isn't going to Heroes :( GODOFTHUNDER Productions would like to extend the SAME rules as Rich and Crew for Heroes Comic Con! :)

Let's ALL WORK TOGETHER!

+1 for all working together.