• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller coolstuff-2011 trying to be slick...

15 posts in this topic

I am just getting soooo tired of sketchy ebay sellers tryiing to pull one over on buyers.

1. guy uses cgc in the listing along with pgx

2. Guy has 5 pictures of the book but never shows either a pgx or cgc sticker/label (anyone who knows their stuff recognizes which one it is)

3. His entire description avoids mentioning if ifs CGC or PGX (its PGX)

4. He even avoids the PGX tag by just saying "professionally graded" in the ebay Item description categories...

ebay auction of a sketchy seller

I am all for optimizing your sales, but when you are actively trying to hoodwink a buyer by avoiding the "money shot" of the label, and not saying WHO the grader is...

:facepalm:

and he has a second book doing the same thing...

but then he lists a CGC-SS book w/o mentioning PGX and happily says CGC all over THAT listing...

I know honest sellers get screwed by dishonest buyers, but that doesn't make it right for sellers to be dishonest too (or which every way that chicken/egg argument goes)...

Pretty shadey in my opinion.

Hulk 181

I don't know how he got the price on the Hulk but he included photos of a Hulk 181 in 9.4. :screwy:

that listing killed some of my brain cells....

I think that's the general idea...

Hulk 181

I don't know how he got the price on the Hulk but he included photos of a Hulk 181 in 9.4. :screwy:

well he had at least one pic of a 9.0 in there. :insane:

looks like he updated the other listing to mention/show the PGX label.

Hulk 181

$23.95 for shipping? Crazy.

I like the get this book because someday IT WILL BE a $100,000-200,000 book like Hulk1 or ASM! :screwy:

Oh yeah! A 9.0 Hulk 181 will hit $100,000 sometime around the year 2375 (thumbs u