• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bethlehem's are solid.........

18 posts in this topic

Well you could knock me down with a feather when i checked my bids for the latest heritage auctions.....I have definitely noticed that non super hero Bethlehems have been getting more than guide over the last 12 months....but this has blown me away...

Baffling mysteries

Is it because people think that this book is a pre cursor of Thor?

Is it because the PLOD was only for trimming not for restoration?

Is it because a lot of people are colour blind?

8.0 value is $140 yet this is at $100 already.

On another point, it is nice to see Beth horror books beating guide as in a lot of cases (although the books tend to be 8.0 to 9.2) they are still the highest graded and therefore deserve respect.

On the downside.....looks like there are no bargains to be found for the near future.

I just noticed most of my bids have been blown away. This could be due to their bump though, haven't looked in detail. Their site is acting funky for me right now, most of the page is having trouble loading.

The bump hasn't happened yet.

If you look, you will see that most of the GA's still have whether the reserve has been met or not. I just checked a couple of mine (and yes they are already over guide) and it says next bid meets reserve. 893frustrated.gif

The bump has definitely happened, at least for books I'm bidding. All of them has either reserve met, no reserve or next bid meets reserve notation.

I was highest bidder for this book at $46. Link

Then I got an outbid notice in my mail, and it's bumped into $340, oh yeah. 27_laughing.gif

You are right.....I keep forgetting that next bid meets reserve means the bump has happened. foreheadslap.gif

Bloody hell....look at those GA reserves compared to OS guide and in your case the book is raw as well.

Out of my 40 bids I am still high bidder on 4 of them although just barely. The bump blew away most of my bids. It seems like the idea of getting a deal on Heritage is long gone.

The bump has definitely happened, at least for books I'm bidding. All of them has either reserve met, no reserve or next bid meets reserve notation.

I was highest bidder for this book at $46. Link

Then I got an outbid notice in my mail, and it's bumped into $340, oh yeah. 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif - 2x guide for a non-CGC book that isn't a key? Riigggghtttt....

You are right.....I keep forgetting that next bid meets reserve means the bump has happened. foreheadslap.gif

Bloody hell....look at those GA reserves compared to OS guide and in your case the book is raw as well.

If the reserve prices are as out of whack as you think they are, then maybe you'll get a post-auction shot at these books. It's not in Heritage's interest to allow sellers to set crack-pipe prices and then have the books just sit.

If the reserve prices are as out of whack as you think they are, then maybe you'll get a post-auction shot at these books. It's not in Heritage's interest to allow sellers to set crack-pipe prices and then have the books just sit.

Things to NOTE:

1) The original book posted is NOT BID up to $100, the bump caused it therefore you don't have ANY IDEA how much someone would pay.

2) You can get DECENT deals on VERY NICE books EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. Many of the books in Heritage's SIGNATURE auctions are the highest or second highest (or at least very high-grade for high demand books). To expect to buy these at BARGAIN prices is unrealistic.

3) For those books NOT SOLD, they are USUALLY OFFER after the auction for the RESERVE PRICE (not lower). Eventually, they might say "MAKE OFFER". Your best bet on these books is to wait and see if they put it into one of their AMAZING AUCTIONS (bi-weekly), which will probably have a lower reserve or no reserve.

I'm still winning about 10 books and there are a few more that are still in my price range.

Good Luck!!!!

What is "The Bump"?

Unlike eBay, where you know if a book has a Reserve or not, right from the start, Heritage does not disclose if there is a Reserve until a few days before the auction. At that time, say the bid was at $50 and the Reserve is $100. On eBay, it would just say "Reserve Not Met", and you would have to keep bidding to see if you broke the Reserve. On Heritage, they "BUMP" the bid up to $99 and say "Next Bid Meets Reserve". So at least you know what the Reserve is.