• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Romita Jr. @ Vegas Hard Rock Cafe - May 4-6, 2012

164 posts in this topic

First of all

Not trying to thread cr@p

Yes I am offering a Stan signing in Masters 5.

It is not an event that the public can attend. It is a private signing.

If you do over 10 books I can work with you on prices. If you are a facilitator I can work with you and do books under your account.

I would like to conclude by saying that I think this is a really really cool event that Chandler is making available for CGC SS. I have tried to get a Romita Jr. signing forever and he is a tough cookie. He is very busy so be sure to get your sigs while you have a chance! I know this is how I am going to get some Romita Jr. sigs. :)

DWC will not be at the event the whole 50 hours but we will be publishing a schedule when we will be there. And it will be at different times of the day/night including some early hours of the night/morning. Check back with us next week after we get back from Calgary.

I am just amazed by the amount of hours!

Chandler/Sharon, do you know if he sleeps at all? What considerations are made for this amount of time spent?

Amazing of him to do this and fantastic it is going to charity!

Take pics!

Yes I am offering a Stan signing in Masters 5.

This should pretty much squash the argument about whether or not DWC has Stan under lock and key. Don't you think?
lol

This should pretty much squash the argument about whether or not DWC has Stan under lock and key. Don't you think?

Locke and Key, Exclusive or Extortion? How about rape?

Either way, an additional fee should not be charged for putting it on a personal CGC account.

Either way, an additional fee should not be charged for putting it on a personal CGC account.

Let's not use too much hyperbole. Try to keep this as civil as possible, please.

Chandler/Sharon, do you know if he sleeps at all? What considerations are made for this amount of time spent?

Take pics!

John will be sketching/signing for 50 hours continously. But that is why he will have people like DWC with him to help keep him awake during those loooong early morning hours.

Let's not use too much hyperbole. Try to keep this as civil as possible, please.

rape rapity rape

OK, I'll stop.

No ill will towards DWC. Business is business.

My angst is towards the system being enablers.

Doesn't CGC charge an extra $10? I usually just go to their booth, ask them if they can do it, and then pay them an extra $10. At least that's how it's worked in the past.

Admittedly, I don't do a ton of CGC SS, so I'm not as familiar with all the nuances. Why it matters whose account it is tied to, etc.

I'll be trying to get a sketch next week, but I don't think I will submit it. I'm assuming there will be some kind of fund raising for the charity in a charge for sketches.

Doesn't CGC charge an extra $10? I usually just go to their booth, ask them if they can do it, and then pay them an extra $10. At least that's how it's worked in the past.

Admittedly, I don't do a ton of CGC SS, so I'm not as familiar with all the nuances. Why it matters whose account it is tied to, etc.

I'll be trying to get a sketch next week, but I don't think I will submit it. I'm assuming there will be some kind of fund raising for the charity in a charge for sketches.

Whatever fee CGC charges goes straight to the creator. Neal Adams, for instance, charges $10/sig if the book is going to CGC - it's not like CGC suddenly adds an extra $10 on top.

Keep in mind that the SS CGC fees are a little higher than non-SS books. So that may be the "extra" Trev is thinking of.

Trev:

What's being discussed here is not that "extra" that goes to CGC.

I am still tryin to nagivate all this, I only have one question.

If Stan is attending a con with the booth setup thing as Chandler described and CGC is at the event, can I just go to CGC booth and get a CAW to witness the sig and not have to pay all the extras beside Stan's signing fee?

The short answer here, is NO.

I know that sucks on ice, but this is how it was explained to me, directly from DWC.

If you have your own CGC account---and I am ASSUMING that this applies to anyone with a Collectors Society, Dealer Account or otherwise---and you want to put the book on your own account----

You have to pay Chandler/DWC an additional $20 fee over the top if you want to put the book on your own CGC account.

That $20 fee, as it was explained to me, works like this.

Half goes to Stan's office. doesnt Stan charge a per sig fee? If so, or if not, why the extra juice?

Half goes toward paying? DWC expenses. wow, just wow. is this common practice for people/facilitators/CAW?

By expenses, this is airfare, hotel and anything else that goes toward

bringing three people to a show (Chandler, Sharon and Tonia).

Otherwise, what you would do is submit the book through DWC at their booth, and you pay whatever DWC fees are already in place to get your book graded for Stan Lee s/s. There is a witness in place at the Stan Lee table connected to DWC for this.

There are other ops out there for Stan signings---currently NYComics has a Masters Signing. DWC is not involved in this and there would be no handling fee to DWC.

Take pics!

John will be sketching/signing for 50 hours continously. But that is why he will have people like DWC with him to help keep him awake during those loooong early morning hours.

50 continuous hours? You are so full of *spoon*.

Nice of everyone to stay on the subject of this thread which was the John Romita Jr Charity Event. I do believe that Transplant has opened another thread about his favorite subject in the Sig room so might I ask everyone to move this discussion there please.

He is trying to break his own world record, so there is a decent chance he will be sketching for 50 straight hours. As to the other opinion, I have no comment.

Staying on topic: If I were getting a sketch, I might opt for getting it during the first 12 hours, not the last. :insane:

He is trying to break his own world record, so there is a decent chance he will be sketching for 50 straight hours. As to the other opinion, I have no comment.

Is there an up charge if he drools on your book?