• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Romita Jr. @ Vegas Hard Rock Cafe - May 4-6, 2012

164 posts in this topic

Wow, just Wow. I originally posted this because it was for a great cause. I never realized how much of a contest it would turn into.

Forget the CGC aspect that this thread turned into and look at what is really at stake here. It is for a couple of great charities that help KIDS.

Step away from the keyboard and relax.

Ok. I have to say thanks for posting it. It would have sucked to find out after the fact that this event was going on walking distance to my hotel while I was in Vegas have missed it.

Nice of everyone to stay on the subject of this thread which was the John Romita Jr Charity Event. I do believe that Transplant has opened another thread about his favorite subject in the Sig room so might I ask everyone to move this discussion there please.

How much does it cost to post in this exclusive thread?

Just wanted to say thanks to DWC, Comic Oasis, and especially The Romita Family for bringing an event such as this to Vegas. Hopefully they can make allot of money for Jordan, and The Candlelighters childhood cancer foundation of Nevada.

This is for charity people, get a life. DWC I like you.

Events for charity need even more oversight and scrutiny, that's just common sense.

Imagine how shocked I was to learn, just prior to "our" private signing opportunity with Stan, that you had found out about "our" private signing with Stan, and how you called the owner of the local shop (you called him personally I might add) who had arranged this, through proper channels with Stan's people, as well as CGC, and informed him that you were in charge of all Stan's signing events, and that "our"signing would not be permitted to happen.

We fully remember this signing and it is unfortunate your recounting of what seems to be 2nd hand information is full of misunderstood facts. But then we realize that no matter what we say, even when supported by proof, will not change your mind.

Are you denying you made that phone call?

Imagine how shocked I was to learn, just prior to "our" private signing opportunity with Stan, that you had found out about "our" private signing with Stan, and how you called the owner of the local shop (you called him personally I might add) who had arranged this, through proper channels with Stan's people, as well as CGC, and informed him that you were in charge of all Stan's signing events, and that "our"signing would not be permitted to happen.

We fully remember this signing and it is unfortunate your recounting of what seems to be 2nd hand information is full of misunderstood facts. But then we realize that no matter what we say, even when supported by proof, will not change your mind.

Well, there three sides to a story, what is DWC's side since they fully remember it? I listen with open ears.

This is for charity people, get a life. DWC I like you.

Events for charity need even more oversight and scrutiny, that's just common sense.

Is DWC donating all their time and resources as well or is the money that goes to the charity what's left once DWC takes out their fees, expenses and overhead?

Just wanted to say thanks to DWC, Comic Oasis, and especially The Romita Family for bringing an event such as this to Vegas. Hopefully they can make allot of money for Jordan, and The Candlelighters childhood cancer foundation of Nevada.

+1 I hope the Romita's raise a ton of cash for the cause. JRJR could easily sell a few pages of art or auction off a few sketch op's but he is really going all out for this one, which I am sure will raise lots of awareness (and cash). :headbang:

+1 I hope the Romita's raise a ton of cash for the cause. JRJR could easily sell a few pages of art or auction off a few sketch op's but he is really going all out for this one, which I am sure will raise lots of awareness (and cash). :headbang:

I don't think anybody is in denial that this is a very classy move by JRJR!!!

Jim

I don't think anybody is in denial that this is a very classy move by JRJR!!!

Jim

+1 JRJR is a great guy! :headbang:

:popcorn:

Absolutely. The facts are I received a phone call from a store owner in the Baltimore area asking about joining in on the DWC signing. I never initiated any call. When approached by this individual I explained how we work out such arrangements and left it at that. I never heard back from that individual after that conversation and I never called him. What the store owner did was his decision and not mine. All of my calls are made to/from my cell which have very detailed records. From what I heard later the store owner had a signing with Stan.

Absolutely. The facts are I received a phone call from a store owner in the Baltimore area asking about joining in on the DWC signing. I never initiated any call. When approached by this individual I explained how we work out such arrangements and left it at that. I never heard back from that individual after that conversation and I never called him. What the store owner did was his decision and not mine. All of my calls are made to/from my cell which have very detailed records. From what I heard later the store owner had a signing with Stan.

Now it is my turn to step in. What Chandler said is a flat out lie.

I have held my tongue since last year out of respect to the "owner in the Baltimore area".

This is not second hand information as I was directly affected by the business bullying by Chandler at DWC. My LCS in Baltimore is Comics to Astonish run by Keegan Conrad. He has great selection and arranges for signings with creators and artists for collectors like me that want SS books.

The Stan Lee signing he had arranged was to take place during the comiccon at some point and I was to be the lucky soul that took the books to get signed. I had never met Stan and was absolutely flattered and ecstatic that he offered me the opportunity to spend 15 minutes chatting with him while he signed the books.

Friday rolls around and Chandler calls Keegan (though he may deny it) and raises a big stink about the whole thing and the next thing I know, the signing has to take place off site and the books get taken to Stan in the middle of the day, I cannot make it, and I don't get to meet him. It is unlikely that I will get another such opportunity, so I hold a personal grudge against him.

I understand DWC is a business and is there to make money, but don't think for one second that he is in it for the collector. That is a load of . If he was, then he wouldn't bully other businesses that are trying to provide a service to the collector.

I have a great suggestion, how about we start a thread before every show and keep a list of every single facilitator that is available for signings? Then the collector can choose who they want to deal with. If Chandler is really in it for the collector, than he should have no problem with this.

+1 For this .......

I have a great suggestion, how about we start a thread before every show and keep a list of every single facilitator that is available for signings? Then the collector can choose who they want to deal with. If Chandler is really in it for the collector, than he should have no problem with this.

Also here in orlando at Megacon I sure out of the 30+ dealer and CAW we be more then happy to take in comics for CGC SS. So Florida area is cover !!!