• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con!!! What a first day!

120 posts in this topic

So Boston Comic Con '12 was my first show attending as a fanboy since '06! and... I LOVED IT!

When the night is done, I will be posting pics / videos of my sketches and some of me lol

I want to give a shout out, first, to Mr. Mylar (Michael) as he and I both left the show (at 7:15p) sweating as we ran down the folks at CGC before they closed up my box. I enjoyed meeting so many other boardies (Dre, Gemma, lcanston (I'm messing that u/n up!) and some more that are escaping me right now unfortunately). Again, it was a blast guys! Thanks guys!

So far - 1 person will be very happy, but 1 boardie will not be :sorry: I am only going tomorrow from about 10a - 12noon, so I'm not sure besides picking up some outstanding commissions, I will be able to get anything new started...

Oh... AND Clay Mann is a stand up guy! He is finishing my commission tonight and gave me his own pass (definitely will be posting that lol ) so that I could run in free tomorrow!

Good meeting you and your family Andy!

But today was only part 1, part 2 is tomorrow

I'm here at the bar with Paul Litch and the CGC team! As usual I'm wearing my Yankee cap getting cold stares, go Yanks!

The people of Boston are pretty ornery right now. All you people coming around from NYC and anywhere else talking mess about Boston may find themselves in a gutter if they come across the right group of people. Be forewarned you don't want to poke these angry bears.

The angry bears I'm referring to are the people of Boston, not the athletes. Face facts most athletes in any city don't really give a flying fudge about the history of the team the way the fans do,they are there to make money and maybe win a championship. Bostonians on the other hand are angry by nature and with how the local teams are preforming currently, they have ample reason to want to beat the living hell out of obnoxious New Yorkers.

So I don't have photos of them all yet - as I said earlier, we didn't have time to inventory, just dumped before CGC carted everything away!

So here is a pic of my son, Pax, waiting in line (with me of course!) for his first sketch - a Hulk by Ed and Dex!

IMG_0537.jpg

Michael Dooney took on 3 books before the show for me - here they are! Love 'em all!

Leonardo (having each turtle completed by an artist that worked on the title - Dooney drew Leo, David Peterson drew me Donatello, Matt Slay painted me Raf, and I'm hoping to get Eastman to do Mikey tomorrow AM)

IMG_0540.jpg

Ray Fillet (that's right, Ray-mother-f***'in-Fillet!)

IMG_0541.jpg

and last, but certainly not least - Psylocke!

IMG_0542.jpg

It was sooooo hot in that convention hall. In fact, Steve Scott and I had a lengthy convo about the humidity and the rampant BO smell wafting its way through artist's alley.