• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To try another spin on this OT question...

In your opinion, would you enjoy the boards more or less with the OT posts separated to another forum?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, would you enjoy the boards more or less with the OT posts separated to another forum?

44 posts in this topic

I would rather keep the off topic posts and get rid of the emoticons (I would psend way more time here if they didn't exist). But that is just me, a bitter old man who is bugged by pixels.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But that is just me, a bitter old man who is bugged by pixels.

Nate, you're 25 years old,.... way too young to be bitter. At 25 you're supposed to be bristling with energy, enthusiasm, and hubris.

Me, OldGuy, POV and and BurntBoy are some of the true bitter old men on the boards. Can't you leave even THAT to us? 893frustrated.gif

Redhook's Thought for the Day: "Since CGC is so incredibly behind the schedules by which the charges for grading are based, I think it would be only fair to include a coupon for one free express grading for every six books submitted for standard service that are actually taking the same time as economy is supposed to take. I think it's time for a little give back to us loyal supporters. It won't bankrupt you or slow you down that much, and it would go a long way to preserving the goodwill of your customers."

Dream on you bitter old man. makepoint.gif

Nate, you're 25 years old,.... way too young to be bitter. At 25 you're supposed to be bristling with energy, enthusiasm, and hubris.

Me, OldGuy, POV and and BurntBoy are some of the true bitter old men on the boards. Can't you leave even THAT to us? 893frustrated.gif

I am straight up pretty bitter. I just hate emoticons. That goes back to way before I came to this board a couple of years ago. Emoticon's, graemlins, whatever you call them must be eradicated.

I am straight up pretty bitter. I just hate emoticons. That goes back to way before I came to this board a couple of years ago. Emoticon's, graemlins, whatever you call them must be eradicated.

I think you forgot the smiley in your post above, like this:

Emoticon's, graemlins, whatever you call them must be eradicated. wink.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Unless you were serious shocked.gif in which case proper usage would be:

Emoticon's, graemlins, whatever you call them must be eradicated. sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

There is an art to using the emoticons.......

Identify this scene from a Shakespearean Play? .......

A dark night on the castle battlements........two characters in this scene.....893scratchchin-thumb.gif and angel.gif....

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif

( angel.gif ) !

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893whatthe.gif

( angel.gif ) flowerred.gif

( angel.gif ) gossip.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) confused-smiley-013.gif

( angel.gif ) 893naughty-thumb.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(893scratchchin-thumb.gif) 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

( angel.gif ) thumbsup2.gif

( angel.gif ) hi.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) hi.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif........... devil.gif

End of Scene

Of oucrse it can't be left to us. Even our status as the old gruads of bitterness must be snatched from us. I am most bitter. mad.gif

There is an art to using the emoticons.......

Identify this scene from a Shakespearean Play? .......

A dark night on the castle battlements........two characters in this scene.....893scratchchin-thumb.gif and angel.gif....

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif

( angel.gif ) !

( angel.gif ) flowerred.gif

( angel.gif ) gossip.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) confused-smiley-013.gif

( angel.gif ) 893naughty-thumb.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(893scratchchin-thumb.gif) 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

( angel.gif ) thumbsup2.gif

( angel.gif ) hi.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) hi.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif........... devil.gif

End of Scene

Errr...all of them? Ahh, it's probably the famous scene from R & J.

Hamlet, Act 1 Scene V:

A dark night on the castle battlements........two characters in this scene.....Hamlet 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and The Ghost angel.gif....

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif Hamlet ponders things upon the ramparts of Elsinore Castle.

( angel.gif ) ! The Ghost of his dead father appears!

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893whatthe.gif Holy Moly!

( angel.gif ) flowerred.gif Fear Not.

( angel.gif ) gossip.gif And by the way, I was murdered by my bro Claudius

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) confused-smiley-013.gif But what the heck can I do?

( angel.gif ) 893naughty-thumb.gif Dont' be a wimp!

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Oh....kay.....let me think about this....

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893whatthe.gif Wait a min...I should be pretty pissed off about this!

(893scratchchin-thumb.gif) 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif And I am!

( angel.gif ) thumbsup2.gif That's my boy!

( angel.gif ) hi.gif Well, gotta go!

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) hi.gif Uh, yeah...uh sure! Ciao baby!

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif........... devil.gif Okay....okay,.....I am gonna' go kick some boo-tee!

End of Scene

Hamlet, Act 1 Scene V:

A dark night on the castle battlements........two characters in this scene.....Hamlet 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and The Ghost angel.gif....

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif Hamlet ponders things upon the ramparts of Elsinore Castle.

( angel.gif ) ! The Ghost of his dead father appears!

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893whatthe.gif Holy Moly!

( angel.gif ) flowerred.gif Fear Not.

( angel.gif ) gossip.gif And by the way, I was murdered by my bro Claudius

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) confused-smiley-013.gif But what the heck can I do?

( angel.gif ) 893naughty-thumb.gif Dont' be a wimp!

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Oh....kay.....let me think about this....

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893whatthe.gif Wait a min...I should be pretty pissed off about this!

(893scratchchin-thumb.gif) 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif And I am!

( angel.gif ) thumbsup2.gif That's my boy!

( angel.gif ) hi.gif Well, gotta go!

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) hi.gif Uh, yeah...uh sure! Ciao baby!

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif........... devil.gif Okay....okay,.....I am gonna' go kick some boo-tee!

End of Scene

Didnt they make a movie from Hamlet? Using Mel Gibson instead of emoticons, I believe. (Think I wouldve rather seen the emoticons! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)