• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To try another spin on this OT question...

In your opinion, would you enjoy the boards more or less with the OT posts separated to another forum?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, would you enjoy the boards more or less with the OT posts separated to another forum?

44 posts in this topic

I've always thought it would be good to have a function where one could delete or ignore a thread. Even good threads often go south and turn into endless posts of smilie nonsense...

The delete or ignore thread function would be a solution to the issue of OT and dead threads. Is this a possibility?

Doesn't that last question assume that everyone enjoys OT posts? 893frustrated.gif

Yea I was thinking the same thing, I wanted to skip that question but didn't think the first two answers would take if I did. crazy.gif

Arch, the first question doesn't have enough choices. I will neither enjoy the boards more or less if an OT forum is created. My opinion will stay the same. Which should have been an option. foreheadslap.gif

You know... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If the real issue is that the OT posts dominate the first page... and therefore keep some of the on-topic threads from being seen because they get bumped to the second page... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We could just have an entire first page of sticky topics, and then it wouldn't be an issue... foreheadslap.gif

None of the OT posts would be on the first page either... tongue.gif

stooges.gif

hmmm, i like the OT posts but yea, I think they should be in their own thread or somehow seperated from the main topic which is, last time I looked, comics. Maybe start a tiki lounge for comic board members or something

I think we should divided it as thus....

Water Cooler : For all off topic threads ...

Comics Only Tiki : Because we don't give a $*&! about what coinees think,...

they are all in-bred half-wits...

Club DC : Cause marvel collectors can't distinguish the difference between

poop and cake...

Then

Further sub-divisions as follows......

Gold : Cause after all , who really cares?...you guys will be all dead

soon

Silver : Yawn....

Bronze : Pre-Crisis-Post Crisis

Modern : All you suckers destined to loose your shirts in the crash

After that it will require some fine tuning of course,...cause if I'm going to be expressing my opinion , I want to make sure that it is only to those who think exactly like me,...cause everyone else is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person......

Any questions?

Club DC : Cause marvel collectors can't distinguish the difference between

poop and cake...

poop is not cake! sumo.gif

He thinks that because we're old, we will forget all about it in a couple of days.

Well damn it, I WON'T! I won't forget about soft tropics!...or cough optics....er, or whatever it was.

confused-smiley-013.gif