• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 100 - Guess the Print Run!

354 posts in this topic

The regular covers are already selling for less than cover. They won't get more expensive.

I should have clarified in comic stores. You don't see most stores selling out of their orders at least at or near cover?

Okay what percentage of overall issues do we see then being sold to those just trying to grab the 1:200 copies, 50% of the run, 75%?

I know that the large majority of comic shops around the US do not order anywhere near enough copies of WD each month to hit the 200 copy mark. I am sure a few will order more than normal the month this comes out but I am guessing that may be 5% of those stores.

This is gonna be a fun one to watch for sales during July and August on eBay and on these boards. I think it might have some legs and we may see a few of the covers going for around $10 each.

It is hard to buy comics these day from comic book shops because if the book gets HOT, they will sell the books you order and claim they did not get enough copies to fill your order. Comic book stores are putting themselves out of business, they have no problem selling you a bunch of junk but if you order a hot book they just stick it on Ebay and credit your order. Mailorder Comics did it to me and I have been ordering from them for years. I pre ordered Saga for a $1.49 per book and they are going for 10 or more on Ebay. So, Mailorder comics sticks me on the book, give me a credit and keeps my books. They tell me that Image did not send enough but, I buy enough comics to know that is a lie. So, I am not doing business with them again. I have boxes full of books I have bought over the years, but everytime a hit comes out some Comic Shops decide to act a fool. They did it with the Obama Variant, they did it with Chew and some are doing it now. Making money in Comics is not buying a 1:200 variant for $100 and selling it for $200 no the money is in buy a book Like Chew, Fatale, or Saga for $2.00 and reselling it at 10 or 12. This folks is rare maybe a few books a year, but those books will payoff well. But, you get nothing if the Shops are not fair, any hot book will never reach your hands, while they sell you all the you can buy.

It is hard to buy comics these day from comic book shops because if the book gets HOT, they will sell the books you order and claim they did not get enough copies to fill your order.

Any store or mail order company that does this to you, leave them immediately and tell them why.

The regular covers are already selling for less than cover. They won't get more expensive.

I should have clarified in comic stores. You don't see most stores selling out of their orders at least at or near cover?

They will quickly hit the dollar bins.

1:200 will easily start at $500

CGC yes....raw probably not.

The rule is for every 1:1 in terms of dollars

1:10= $10.00

1:200= $200.00....first CGC 9.8 usually sells in the hype at $500.00

One year later most are barely selling in 9.8 over $150.00.

Who knows though TWD is crazy stupid right now.

The year later scenario will completely depend on what actually happens in the issue.

The year later scenario will completely depend on what actually happens in the issue.

I might be rivaling you in terms how many variants SOT gets as well. :devil:

The #100 1:200 prices won't get out of control. Look at the 94 sketch, that was 200 TOTAL and 9.8's are going for $500 to $600-ish. With everyone's radically (yet realistic) high print run predictions, that 'could' make for a lot of 1:200's in the market. Now, will the demand be there? Probably, but I don't think prices will surpass the 94 sketch (if they do, it will be brief).

Time for Mr. Sumo! :sumo:

Jerome