• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS #39 9.6 on ComicLink

97 posts in this topic

You guys must have settled...

because I wouldn't trade my wife for anything.

:cloud9:

She must be a forum member monitoring yor posts :baiting:

not exactly, but you don't want another "Dad&Son/ DEE DEE"

happening either...

One Sabbatical is Enough on these boards!

:P

Wow! It is outstanding for the grade. Wonder if it may have a water or rust stain on the BC?

Guest Grails

Nope, the back cover is immaculate. Front cover has a hairline crease that's hard to find unless you have the book in hand. About an inch long.

Wow! It is outstanding for the grade. Wonder if it may have a water or rust stain on the BC?

I'm always surprised that Clink doesn't provide bc scans for books like THAT. I know you can request them(although thats 50/50 at best ime) but you'd think any say 5 figure books would just automatically have a bc scan available (shrug)

Nope, the back cover is immaculate. Front cover has a hairline crease that's hard to find unless you have the book in hand. About an inch long.

Where is it? I cant see it in the scan. The bottom lc is a little soft but i have 9.6's with corners that soft!

Kinda ridiculous that an 8.0 is $13k and the 9.6 is $375k.

I mean, really? Does the condition difference really justify $362k MORE?

Peace,

Chip

If you have more money than you know what to do with, YES!

Theres plenty of BSD's out there that the extra 362k doesnt make them even break a sweat unlike us schlubs selling our house and WIFE to drool over it (thumbs u

Guest Grails

Where is it? I cant see it in the scan. The bottom lc is a little soft but i have 9.6's with corners that soft!

Bottom right corner has the crease. I had to really look for it holding the book and angling it around the light. Wish I had not needed to sell it because it presents so nice. Paid off some OA.

Theres plenty of BSD's out there that the extra 362k doesnt make them even break a sweat unlike us schlubs selling our house and WIFE to drool over it (thumbs u

Well, those people need to give me some of that money. That's life-changing cash right there, for me anyway. Everything I own, right down to the shirt on my back, isn't even worth $25k.

Peace,

Chip

Bottom right corner has the crease. I had to really look for it holding the book and angling it around the light. Wish I had not needed to sell it because it presented so nice.

Ahhh, i think i see it now. Looks like its just breaking thru the edge of the word box on the bottom rc.

Crease or not, thats an AMAZING 8.0. If i hadnt just dropped my entire budget and more in the CC auction and Avengers 1, i'd be on that like white on rice! That thing is freaking beautiful, especially for an 8.0!

I'm surprised it's even still there. Thats like getting a 9.0 for 8.0 price! (worship)

Guest Grails
I would have to take 5 samples of each internal organ, clone them and then sell them and then maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to afford that book.

They need to put that 9.6 on ebay so I can utilize my BILL ME LATER option. And then fake my death.

Guest Grails

Bottom right corner has the crease. I had to really look for it holding the book and angling it around the light. Wish I had not needed to sell it because it presented so nice.

Ahhh, i think i see it now. Looks like its just breaking thru the edge of the word box on the bottom rc.

Crease or not, thats an AMAZING 8.0. If i hadnt just dropped my entire budget and more in the CC auction and Avengers 1, i'd be on that like white on rice! That thing is freaking beautiful, especially for an 8.0!

I'm surprised it's even still there. Thats like getting a 9.0 for 8.0 price! (worship)

Actually, I sold it in their last auction.

Well, those people need to give me some of that money. That's life-changing cash right there, for me anyway. Everything I own, right down to the shirt on my back, isn't even worth $25k.

Peace,

Chip

It's SHOCKING how much money some people have. My wifes best friend married this Doctor in Illinois. the house they have up there is like a palace! They bought a house down here just for VACATION for 8 million, spent god knows how much bulldozing it to the foundation and are building a $20 million house! FOR VACATIONS!!! :o

People like that, an extra 362k doesnt even make them think twice (shrug)

I would have to take 5 samples of each internal organ, clone them and then sell them and then maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to afford that book.

They need to put that 9.6 on ebay so I can utilize my BILL ME LATER option. And then fake my death.

hm

It's SHOCKING how much money some people have. My wifes best friend married this Doctor in Illinois. the house they have up there is like a palace! They bought a house down here just for VACATION for 8 million, spent god knows how much bulldozing it to the foundation and are building a $20 million house! FOR VACATIONS!!! :o

I wish I could get a list of people that have this kind of money. I'd write each one of them and ask for only a couple thousand bucks. If 100 people send money out of 1,000 letters...well, that's worth it, isn't it?

One can dream...

Peace,

Chip

Peace,

Chip

I think this is an extremely common misconception around here. With the odd exception here or there, people with that kind of dough don't collect comics. And if you had that kind of dough, you'd probably move on to "bigger and better" garbage to accumulate.

The appeal of this junk is that you can't afford it. Once you can, it's no longer sexy.

Not to me. I love comics, which is why I collect them in a way I can afford. It may be 3.0-5.0 copies and around $10/book, but I love to read them and have them in my life. However, even if I could afford that much for a single book I'd find a better way to maximize my money. I'd get the 8.0 and do something else with the huge amount that was left over.

Peace,

Chip