• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS #39 9.6 on ComicLink

97 posts in this topic

Question: It says "Highest Graded" in the description, then a bit later it says: "It is 1 of 3 at the CGC 9.6 tier".

Does this statement come across as either confusing or misleading? I'm not saying it is, I'm just asking if other people take it that way.

To me, "Highest Graded" implies that it's the highest graded - none higher. And that is accurate. There are no 9.8s on the census. However, I think the vernacular of how we take the word "highest" implies that it's the highest graded book - singular.

While many books can be tied for the highest grade, I think that would automatically disqualify the term "highest", or at least requiring the use of "one of the highest" as a descriptor.

Too nitpicky for a Monday or does it make sense?

Question: It says "Highest Graded" in the description, then a bit later it says: "It is 1 of 3 at the CGC 9.6 tier".

Does this statement come across as either confusing or misleading? I'm not saying it is, I'm just asking if other people take it that way.

To me, "Highest Graded" implies that it's the highest graded - none higher. And that is accurate. There are no 9.8s on the census. However, I think the vernacular of how we take the word "highest" implies that it's the highest graded book - singular.

While many books can be tied for the highest grade, I think that would automatically disqualify the term "highest", or at least requiring the use of "one of the highest" as a descriptor.

Too nitpicky for a Monday or does it make sense?

I understand (and agree) with you. However, people have been using that type of description forever now. It won't change. People just trying to maximize their $$$.

Your comic collection is up there :baiting:

Even if i sold EVERY single slab AND EVERY single raw, i still wouldn't be at the asking price :sorry:

Wonder what i could get for the wifey at auction hm

Even if i sold EVERY single slab AND EVERY single raw, i still wouldn't be at the asking price :sorry:

There's always the kidney option as well.... :idea:

I edited it to throw in the wifey (thumbs u

Can be pretty annoying and pricey but looks great in yoga pants!!! :devil:

Any takers???

butt1.jpg

Any takers???

butt1.jpg

:o

Any takers???

butt1.jpg

Need a pic of the FC.

Any takers???

butt1.jpg

:takeit:

Any takers???

butt1.jpg

Need a pic of the FC.

Hi-Res please lol

Any takers???

butt1.jpg

:takeit:

SWEET!!!

As soon as i get the TOS in hand, i'll ship her and her cc bill right over :banana: