• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

WAY too early for X-O to pop up in CGC ... it just hit shelves a few weeks ago. Even Fast Tracked books shipped overnight the day it was shipped to dealers won't arrive for another month or so and I doubt anyone did that.

Profile of the new Valiant:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2012/05/valiant_comic_bloodshot_manowar_xo.php

Check out the birthday cake...these guys are real fans.

Thanks for sharing this. I like how they ended the article.

-----------------------------

The Valiant characters also will be tackling the big screen. A Bloodshot movie is in the works at Sony with Neal Moritz (21 Jump Street, Fast & Furious) of Origin Film producing, alongside Shamdasani and Kothari. A Harbinger film is in development as well, with Brett Ratner set to direct.

"No matter how popular or unknown a character is," says Simons, "it's up to the creative team to put their heart into the book so they can share that love of the character with their audience."

This summer, Shamdasani, Kothari and the Valiant team are hoping that love is strong enough to help them face their biggest challenge yet: the marketplace.

WAY too early for X-O to pop up in CGC ... it just hit shelves a few weeks ago. Even Fast Tracked books shipped overnight the day it was shipped to dealers won't arrive for another month or so and I doubt anyone did that.

hm

hm

I think CKB may prove that wrong. I bet he has a pile alredy submitted.

hm

I guarantee it. lol

hm

I do, but there was no way I was going to fast track them for an extra ~$1000. i thought about it, but there was a good chance the economics of it wasn't going to make sense. So I did a straight modern sub.

hm

I do, but there was no way I was going to fast track them for an extra ~$1000. i thought about it, but there was a good chance the economics of it wasn't going to make sense. So I did a straight modern sub.

So by X-O 11 these books will be back, and we'll see how the market is at that point.

hm

So by X-O 11 these books will be back, and we'll see how the market is at that point.

Well, it wasn't an ECONOMY sub, where getting them back by XO 21 might even be a good trick....:)

It was a MODERN sub, so I was hoping by July.

huh ok cool Valiant gets more props from me after reading that article ... Not only is it fanboys that own the company but from the sounds of it its smart fanboys!

huh ok cool Valiant gets more props from me after reading that article ... Not only is it fanboys that own the company but from the sounds of it its smart fanboys!

That's the best part of the article. :cloud9: