• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pontoon's Purported Boston Con Report

70 posts in this topic

My only real complaint is the poor mapping of Artist Alley. To locate people, one has to look at one of two poster-sized charts mounted on easels. Xerox handouts of the floor plan would go a long way to making navigation easier, especially given the size of the crowds.

I had the same thought. I kept walking by Eastman's curiously empty table and wondering if he was somewhere else or if everyone drank invisible potion. It took me a pathetically long time to realize he was moved out to the end of the main hallway. Then I saw the 400 people in line and said, "Oh."

After missing his last local appearance, I was thrilled to finally meet and chat with Joe Sinnott. What a pleasure. There with other family members, I got a book from his granddaughter Erin and this sketch from him.

Sinnott.jpg

Heres a photo of Joe and his son Mark. Once again, just super nice people.

BCC4_12_Sinnotts-1.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Great report Richard! I'm so jealous of the Sinnott sketch!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Great report Richard! I'm so jealous of the Sinnott sketch!

Thanks, I'm very happy with it. He was apologetic for having to use a Sharpie, but he needed to for the sake of speed to get everyone done. That's his 'quick' as opposed to detailed sketch. He still has tons of control and great line quality.

Grabbed this bad boy, Love Romances #100. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’ll bet *bronze_age_fan* and rodan57 will appreciate it.

LoveRoamces100.jpg

The left edge brings it down, but it's a tough book and pretty nice outside of that.

Great book!!!

And great report! (thumbs u

Let's see more Spoon Pontoon pics. :popcorn:

hm

Can you help me with some thorny addiction issues that have cropped up recently, Dr. Spoon?

I think if you take a look at the current crop of photos, the answer is obviously "no".

lol