• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When does December really mean October

19 posts in this topic

When you use the CGC grading sundial. So my end of year books might start getting graded in a month or so, then because they are Economy it will be another 3 months before I see them :devil:

I have 4 orders staggered with some I hope 9.4 silver age gems, but looks like they will be early Xmas Presents. lol

At least they are up front on the phone, just wish they would allow the normal users the ablility to put an order number in and find out the estimated finish dates.

God what a good ideal maybe I should copywrite it? :idea:

I wish I could tell my clients that their deliverable will be 4-5 MONTHS late and they could be understanding about it. I freak out if it's a day late. I picture them possibly yelling at me, calling me names and definitely using my competition immediately after getting off the phone with me.

Only in the comic grading business model is being MONTHS late accepted. Because it's a monopoly. Sad but 100% true. If CGC had a viable competitor who was taking their $ away...they would be a lot quicker to fix this problem by hiring more graders, other staff...and fixing the queue issue.

I said it before...I've held off from subbing books because of this ridiculousness. I'm glad they have an amazing business but the wait times are insane.

Maybe CGC should have a tier system based on membership. Those who join (paying a higher yearly fee) have their books graded faster than non members. This way, the true CGC regular users get a benefit to being loyal. Those who are not members have to wait the crazy 5-6 months. hm

Only in the comic grading business model is being MONTHS late accepted. Because it's a monopoly. Sad but 100% true. If CGC had a viable competitor who was taking their $ away...they would be a lot quicker to fix this problem by hiring more graders, other staff...and fixing the queue issue.

True story.

I don't really care, either way. But, that's pretty much truth right there.

However, I don't want another CGC or anything else. I want all the same slabs, graded by the same company.

True story.

However, I don't want another CGC or anything else. I want all the same slabs, graded by the same company.

I don't like it when someone "new" scales my logs. I am pretty sure I don't want new graders grading my books either. Hopefully, Mark will come back this year.

True story.

Do you submit many books to CGC? Or do you just buy slabbed books?

If you submit books I don't understand why you wouldn't care about the wait time.

For me personally, I don't buy comics so I can ship them away for half a year.

But hey...that's just me. (shrug)

I submit so few books that I don't concern myself too much about the wait - but it's because I already know that they don't ship on time, and I'm not a dealer - so if one of my books is sitting around not doing anything for 6 months, I'm not losing money.

However, I do understand why other people get plssed. I'd be irate if I were a dealer and I was trying to turn around books and generate revenue, etc. CGC makes that very difficult for people to do business with their products, it would seem.

And what does "scale my log" mean? That sounds like poop slang.

Hopefully, Mark will come back this year.

Are you implying all of this is Paul's fault and Mark needs to come in and "fix" everything?

Not at all. I like Paul. If Mark comes back, he can help pick up the slack.

When you use the CGC grading sundial. So my end of year books might start getting graded in a month or so, then because they are Economy it will be another 3 months before I see them :devil:

I have 4 orders staggered with some I hope 9.4 silver age gems, but looks like they will be early Xmas Presents. lol

According to the services & fees page, CGC was 2 1/2 months behind on Economy subs about a week ago and were shipping books received mid December. If your books were from the end of December, they'll most likely ship out within the next 1-2 weeks :shrug:

According to the services & fees page, CGC was 2 1/2 months behind on Economy subs about a week ago and were shipping books received mid December. If your books were from the end of December, they'll most likely ship out within the next 1-2 weeks :shrug:

Call them up I have books received n 1/3 that are Economy and have not even gotten to the grading process. The it's 3 more months when they finally show up. :preach:

Call them up I have books received n 1/3 that are Economy and have not even gotten to the grading process. The it's 3 more months when they finally show up. :preach:

It's not the actual grading that takes several months - it's the wait before CGC even gets to your books :doh:

Your 1/3 Economy books will most likely be on their way back to you within a couple of weeks.