• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting discussion about exclusive deals

347 posts in this topic

so what was the final verdict?

If a customer/boardie is having an issue with a faciliator and their practices they should contact CGC and/or Joe Pierson so that it can be documented. CGC will decide if any action needs to be taken against that faciliator. Airing issues, including ones that seem to be directly in conflict with CGCs policys, in a public forum, cause a very negative feeling on the boards and thus put CGC in a bad light. It is unrealistic for anyone to be liked by everyone, yet I feel that Joe Pierson is an exception, that guy puts his heart and soul into CGC and rarely gets to have a weekend off. One man SIGNATURE MACHINE :cloud9:

BUT wtf do I know, (shrug)

I personally will never deal directly with Desert Wind Comics, now or in the future. I disagree on their business model and find many of thier actions deplorable. :boo:

As a result I choose to just ignore them rather then flame them here on the boards :flamed:

Dan

It is hard for stuff like this to not be viewed as a reflection of CGC since it is on their board, they might need to add a disclaimer. But as Dan said, if there is an issue with the facilitator, report it to CGC. I don't think they are required to police the interaction but if there is a number of complaints, they will probably need to step in or speak with said party.

I am glad that this forum does exist, it allows people like myself that doesn't travel to cons outside the state the ability to get stuff done. With the many facilitators available, you can pick and choose who you want to deal with based on preference and history.

I have dealt with a couple on here, as long as there is respect and a mutual understanding that the end game is getting the book done and back to me. There was only one time I joined in on a "venting" thread, and it was justified in my eyes.

Although, I do wish that more information regarding witness and facilitator programs were disclosed. Make it a goal or incentive to strive for. All I read from these threads is basically - put money into the program and you get the membership card.

My issue is with DWC that being this last Megacon I was told as a dealer and with a CGC dealer account that I " must go thru DWC and I have to sub under there CGC account. that seem a bit out of line to tell me a dealer what I have to do....I wont say names but being the history with Megacon I know that DWC has nothing to do with putting money out to have stan there. As it was said to me " ( I have to charge to cover over head etc) " When I was told that..I know right away it was BS and a flat lie. I really could care at that point in time to reply back..... As a business owner I get it. I mean the thing is when you can lock down a deal and protect it ..... then you are the man.

it seem that DWC must made a great deal with stan lee corp folks that if there is a con they must use them. All I know as a dealer I will not charge my customers added fee's over the Signature fee plus have there comics shipped out of state to then be shipped back ? Hell I pickup my customers order when I drive to CGC.

I and many just feel there is no reason to spend and deal with getting anything stan lee.As a business owner I dont have to and wont plus I am really over it.. it seems many like me are as well.

But to be able to share my 2c on here I am more then happy to because I feel it is fare to. it seems many on here feel the same.they have good reason to. I am not going to waste more time backing up how I know what or have someone from DWC come back and say give me proof or :blahblah:

As I said just wanted to share my 2c . Just like I dont have to use DWC Service I dont have to waste more time backing up what I know. I really dont care what they think or anyone who deals with them. it just dont matter anymore.