• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting discussion about exclusive deals

347 posts in this topic

Once the John Romita Jr. event is over I will be happy to share some thoughts with you.

I wonder if the occupy movement does requests? hm

Certainly not for this event, I hope. Sounds like JRJR is doing a very charitable thing. I don't think there's any need to disparage it or him.

Once the John Romita Jr. event is over I will be happy to share some thoughts with you.

I wonder if the occupy movement does requests? hm

Certainly not for this event, I hope. Sounds like JRJR is doing a very charitable thing. I don't think there's any need to disparage it or him.

And JRJR is not personally profiting from the event, which is a great and laudable thing to do. Although it's a commercial opportunity for others.

Some people have expenses to cover. You can't fault them for trying to cover those expenses of driving across town or whatever.

:whee:
:blahblah: Maybe one day we will get that announcement that is coming shortly.

Hey, I don't post here often (mostly lurk) and I am too dam lazy to read through this whole friggin thread.

Is there some exclusive signature annoucncement? Jack Kirby?

:whee:
:blahblah: Maybe one day we will get that announcement that is coming shortly.

Is there some exclusive signature annoucncement? Jack Kirby?

Well.....Close.... Jake Kirby, details coming up shortly....Jack Kirky's nephew's friend from his AA meetings, awesome dude (thumbs u

so anyone have any issues with facilitators lately? I have gotten 3 9.6's out of my last 7 books. I'm channeling my inner fingh

so anyone have any issues with facilitators lately? I have gotten 3 9.6's out of my last 7 books. I'm channeling my inner fingh

I saw one of them at NYCC cutting comics out slabs with scissors, and I'm talking about the outershell. After that I decided I'm either handling my comics myself, or I'm letting CGC do it.

I saw one of them at NYCC cutting comics out slabs with scissors, and I'm talking about the outershell. After that I decided I'm either handling my comics myself, or I'm letting CGC do it.

How would you cut through the outer slab with a pair of scissors? Did someone actually bring a set of garden shears to NYCC? :o

:facepalm:

If you know what you're doing, it's really easy (for me these days anyway).

I'll never forget having to crack 70 silver age yellow label slabs at a NYC show in 2010. And Mutantkeys showing me how to pop the outter case.

Now I can get books out in about 60 seconds or less.

NEVER use anything other then a sharp blade, like a box cutter or xacto knife.

The CGC no longer cracks blue labels, only yellow. You have to crack the blue ones your self.