• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting discussion about exclusive deals

347 posts in this topic

Okay, I've been checking in on the train wreck since it began and it seems obvious to me that we are now into our 16th page of going nowhere so I'll try to sum it up.

Some people don't like DWC, some do like them. This applies to everyone here, some people don't like me, so do like me. Some don't like you, some do like you. The long and short of it is this: BIG DEAL. Carrying on for page after page is not likely to change anyone's point of view and will just spread hate and discontent in general.

Some don't like the way DWC does business, others do like it or don't care as long as their books get done. That's okay, too. Complaining about it is not likely to change anything. Bring it to DWC's attention, but be professional and polite about it. If you still don't get satisfaction, go to Joe Pierson, and be professional and polite about it. Still don't get satisfaction? Too bad. Joe P is the CGC equivalent of the Supreme Court on Signature Series and what he says goes. Live with it.

Some don't like the deals DWC has in place with creators and again, some don't care. Complaining to everyone about it may bring attention to it, but it is not likely to get a change in those deals. If you don't like it, go to Joe Pierson with it. Don't get satisfaction? Too bad. Joe P is the CGC equivalent of the Supreme Court on Signature Series and what he says goes. Live with it.

The overall message here is that carrying on like this isn't helping anyone's case. For every pro there is a con and going back and forth is only creating hard feelings and animosity where it had not been before. If you feel you have a legitimate complaint, take it to the only people that can fix it, CGC. Otherwise, let it go.

2c

:golfclap:

I was going to post some more before I read this. Doug is absolutely correct. We're no closer to a resolution than when we started. We might even be further away. Let's just agree to disagree, and if you think there is a miscarriage of justice going on, talk to CGC. 'Nuff Said!

Okay, I've been checking in on the train wreck since it began and it seems obvious to me that we are now into our 16th page of going nowhere so I'll try to sum it up.

Some people don't like DWC, some do like them. This applies to everyone here, some people don't like me, so do like me. Some don't like you, some do like you. The long and short of it is this: BIG DEAL. Carrying on for page after page is not likely to change anyone's point of view and will just spread hate and discontent in general.

Some don't like the way DWC does business, others do like it or don't care as long as their books get done. That's okay, too. Complaining about it is not likely to change anything. Bring it to DWC's attention, but be professional and polite about it. If you still don't get satisfaction, go to Joe Pierson, and be professional and polite about it. Still don't get satisfaction? Too bad. Joe P is the CGC equivalent of the Supreme Court on Signature Series and what he says goes. Live with it.

Some don't like the deals DWC has in place with creators and again, some don't care. Complaining to everyone about it may bring attention to it, but it is not likely to get a change in those deals. If you don't like it, go to Joe Pierson with it. Don't get satisfaction? Too bad. Joe P is the CGC equivalent of the Supreme Court on Signature Series and what he says goes. Live with it.

The overall message here is that carrying on like this isn't helping anyone's case. For every pro there is a con and going back and forth is only creating hard feelings and animosity where it had not been before. If you feel you have a legitimate complaint, take it to the only people that can fix it, CGC. Otherwise, let it go.

2c

Well said! :applause:

I will continue to send my comics to DWC, GAcollectables, JJ , NYcomics or any dealer I choose.

2c

:hi:

Not sure if you read my post, hell, don't know if anyone did but my concerns were really towards CGC not DWC.

Here is the lite version of the post...

In Pittsburg, in order for me to get my Stan Lee SS books processed on a non DWC account, I had to pay additional fees. This is where as a customer I feel like (well I am) being forced to pay additional fees for no reason behind it.

I am not complaining about DWC here. What I do not understand here is why CGC allows certain vendors to be able to do this with a creator. You said in Point Three of the JRJR thread challenge CGC. So what is the deal?

It could just be my personal financial situation, I feel like I am being nickel and dimed in each step of getting books slabbed. What next, start charging for graders notes?

As this happen at Megacon this year. I was told I had to go thru DWC to sub my comics for Stan Lee... I have my own account so me paying a added fee while I am at a convnetion to sub thru someone other account !!!...... (Yea wont happen )..... I have customers that go thru me inhouse so for me to get charge $50 for auto to then have a added fee over that then to go thru someone other account is wrong.it also is wrong to think that people will just take it. the con was in my area ( less then a hour drive ) if you block dealers out of the loop or tell people it this way or the highway then dont think you wont get attack....I personally and many of are customer dont want to deal nor will we with any stan lee opps unless it is from a boardie on here. But I dont see that happen because someone already has that locked in... This is clear many people on here dont care anyone about dealing with the hole Stan Lee Signature deal.

Because Chandler as asked this to brought to the signature room....

This was Chandlers comment in the events thread:

OK nice story. Tell us all when I supposively called on Friday. I assume you mean the Friday before the show. So what time did I supposively call? This should be interesting.

This is my response:

Ok I have to speak up now.

I read these boards but do not post as I do not like mud-slinging but Chandler is clearly calling me a liar.

These are the facts.

I called Desert Wind in early July and will look up the date if need be. I asked about buying 100-200 Stan Lee tickets for Baltimore. Chandler told me he would not sell me the tickets and I could buy only 10 and they would have to go under his CGC account because that is the contract he has with Stan's people. He said under no circumstances could I get books done with Stan unless I wanted to only do 10 through him. At that point I decided to see about setting my own signing with Stan as my customers did want anybody but me handling their expensive books. I then got my signing with Stan approved by Stan's people and proceeded to take books from my customers.

The following then happened:

Chandler called me on Tuesday 08/16/2011 at 5:32 pm and the conversation lasted 18 minutes.(I have the phone records to prove this). This conversation started with Chandler acting all buddy buddy talking shop then he asked if I needed a handful of Stan books signed at Baltimore and I told him thanks but no thanks I was good. He then told me that me that I am not allowed to have a Stan Lee Signing that Stan Lee SS books must go through DW. This was well after the private signing was approved by Stan's people and had nothing to do with Chandler at all. Somehow he got wind of it and tried to stop it which he failed to do. I have the phone records, clearly that is how I have the information and if you want to keep calling me a liar, how about you post your phone records for that date to show you did not make the call or are you calling the phone company a liar also.

After discussing this with CGC I asked them as a professional courtesy not to reprimand you for this clear violation of the rules. At this point with you talking publicly and calling me a liar I don't care what they do.

One last point. How did you get my private cell phone number which is not published??????

Or can only Pirate make snap judgment calls on these boards?

-Joel "Severined" Elad

Don't bring me into your nuthouse rant.

Comics To Astonish! I deal with you guys on eBay all the time!

Welcome to the boards! I just wish it was under more pleasant circumstances.

[font:Book Antiqua]+ 1

Welcome to the board[/font]

(thumbs u

Agreed.

I do not all like getting into this at all but once my name got dragged into this and when someone says something that is 100% untrue about you and a customer of yours into it you have to speak up.

So, based on his post, do you now agree there might be something worth discussing?

So, based on his post, do you now agree there might be something worth discussing?

Not really. Until Chandler made allegedly untrue statements, it was an internal matter for CGC. Now it's still an internal matter for CGC and a matter for him to work out with CtA.

Neither situation requires input from anyone but the parties involved.

Not really. Until Chandler made allegedly untrue statements, it was an internal matter for CGC. Now it's still an internal matter for CGC and a matter for him to work out with CtA.

Neither situation requires input from anyone but the parties involved.

Don't you think we the consumers have a right to consider the business practices of the businesses we patronize?

Ugh. Now I need to check my EBay history. Comicstoastonish will you sell me something so I don't feel left out?

No problem. Have over 800 CGC books on my site.

www.comicstoastonish.com

Plus I have another 500-600 SS Series I have yet to put up.

If you see anything you might be interested in I will cut you a deal.

Don't want you to feel left out:)