• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many comics fit in a *long box* (NT)

20 posts in this topic

Depends on how much you weigh...

After you load up the box, stand on top of it and jump up and down.

If you are heavy enough you should be able to get some more in there.

How many 100 pagers fit in a long box, greggy?

popcorn.gif

© 2004 BOC

I use magazine boxes. Have five full boxes of raw books now plus my CGC copies!

Reason I ask is because it was brought to my attention that a comic book store near me was having a special going on... Fill a long box for $50. Not a bad deal I think.

Vince

Fill it with what? Are you looking for quantity reading? Surely not for potential resale value...

I use regular long boxes...comfortably I can fit around 210 - 220 regular (non-magazine) comics...(all bagged and boarded, of course!)

Depends on if you do this to the comics before putting them in the box.

comicpresssmall.JPG

pressclosesmall.JPG

makepoint.gif

wasnt that contraption in "Terminator"??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Just my poor mans comic press.

I did this months ago when all the pressing posts were made here.

I wanted to see what could be done with a plain white erasure.. and this press on a few of my comics.

With only 2 days in the press all comics were flatter and looked cleaner and crisper.

But .. thats just it..

Who wants a "flat as a pancake " comic?

Needless to say I was a bit surprised with the results I got.

And I was not really even trying..

So I can only imagine what lengths some Comic dealers go to .... to try and spiffy up their comics before selling them.

No conspiracies here.... just a simple experiment on my part.. I am not saying alot of dealers do this..

But it is good to at least be aware of it.

And I wanted to see for myself how easy it was.

Z

Just my poor mans comic press.

I did this months ago when all the pressing posts were made here.

I wanted to see what could be done with a plain white erasure.. and this press on a few of my comics.

With only 2 days in the press all comics were flatter and looked cleaner and crisper.

But .. thats just it..

Who wants a "flat as a pancake " comic?

Needless to say I was a bit surprised with the results I got.

And I was not really even trying..

So I can only imagine what lengths some Comic dealers go to .... to try and spiffy up their comics before selling them.

No conspiracies here.... just a simple experiment on my part.. I am not saying alot of dealers do this..

But it is good to at least be aware of it.

And I wanted to see for myself how easy it was.

Z

Did the comics revert to their original forms after the pressing though? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought they were 300 boxes? Especially with no boards. If you take out the bags, maybe more?

In the ones that I use, if you bag and board you can only fit (at the most 220) without stuffing them in - which is something I wouldnt recommend obviously.

FFB.. I only tried it on decent condition comics..

no major spine roll experiments yet.

I suppose I should find a good spine roll candidate.. let it sit in press a good while.. and document what it does once outside press.

I will let ya know in 3 months.. 27_laughing.gif

Reason I ask is because it was brought to my attention that a comic book store near me was having a special going on... Fill a long box for $50. Not a bad deal I think.

Vince

Lone Star Comics used to have a warehouse sale every year. $25 per long box. I could usually get 400+ in one if they were unbagged and I alternated the spines.