• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you add pics at the bottom of your profile??

48 posts in this topic

That is one big tree. :o
Yep! It was out your way in California. I was trying to figure out how I would go about harvesting it. I would need an extention on my saw. Probably a few other things too.

Yep! It was out your way in California. I was trying to figure out how I would go about harvesting it. I would need an extention on my saw. Probably a few other things too.

Raping the Earth of its natural resources. :cloud9:

Just a small extention? lol

I always leave more than I take so trees can be harvested every 15 years. I have logged the same woods more than once.

A few other things too. Like a larger log skidder. (worship)

How old do you think a tree that size is? 100s or 1000s of years old?

Over 2000 years old. I took the time to watch a short movie about these trees. They can withstand most any natural disaster. Huge forest fires, wind ect... Man is it's biggest enemy. Thankfully they were able to save 100,000 acres of these amazing trees by turning it into a national forest.

Over 2000 years old. I took the time to watch a short movie about these trees. They can withstand most any natural disaster. Huge forest fires, wind ect... Man is it's biggest enemy. Thankfully they were able to save 100,000 acres of these amazing trees by turning it into a national forest.
:o Wow!

I do like me some trees though. :cloud9:

I would put something like this in my sig but, I don't want the OP to get jealous.

073.jpg

Where'd you get that pic of a Liliputian :baiting:

Its too hard to figure out anyhow...

My stuff...click.

My profile...click.

Scroll down...Signature Line.

Add whatever....click.

Done.

You have Trees in your sig line. I like trees. :cloud9:

:)

My reference to trees is in relation to my own stupidity. Nate and Roy seem to revel in the enjoyment of that fact... :whee:

:whistle:

I would put something like this in my sig but, I don't want the OP to get jealous.

073.jpg

So what was the DBH?

:o Wow!
I've seen the oldest tree in Buffalo which is estimated to be 300 years old. It's not really super huge. I didn't know a tree could be 1000 years old or more. That's mind boggling.

Somewhere in that tree rests the perfect toothpick.

Its too hard to figure out anyhow...

My stuff...click.

My profile...click.

Scroll down...Signature Line.

Add whatever....click.

Done.

You have Trees in your sig line. I like trees. :cloud9:

:)

My reference to trees is in relation to my own stupidity. Nate and Roy seem to revel in the enjoyment of that fact... :whee:

:whistle:

073.jpg

So what was the DBH?

I would guess 14' and the lengh of a football field tall.

Where'd you get that pic of a Liliputian :baiting:
The national forest in northern California.

Very amazing trees. It takes a near perfect climate for them to grow. They like the moist sea air near the coast. They don't like the salt content though. Closer to the ocean, Spruce trees grow. They filter the salt out of the ocean air. Just after this buffer, the Sequoias grow. There was a tree that was down near the trail. Someone cut it in half. I would have thought the growth rings would havbe been larger than they were. They were about 1/4 inches or less. There's a lot of history in those rings.

Mike, have you ever thought about switching names with Oakman?
hm I like Oak. I'm cutting old growth Oak right now on 225 acres. Practically in the middle of Albany, NY. :eek:

Mike, have you ever thought about switching names with Oakman?
hm I like Oak. I'm cutting old growth Oak right now on 225 acres. Practically in the middle of Albany, NY. :eek:

Do you mainly deal with hardwoods? Are you an independent for a lumber company?

I have a degree in Forestry, but with the collapse of the lumber industry back in the mid 90's I never really got to do what I wanted.