• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFP Comics on-site pressing at WW Philly

67 posts in this topic

I want to thank all the board members and dealers who have made this years show successful beyond my wildest expectations. I have yet to do any box diving since I have been chained to my work station since Wednesday afternoon.

Hopefully I can walk the convention floor tomorrow afternoon.

I haven't posted on the boards in a while but I had to come back to give a shout out to Joe for his great work. I had never had any books pressed before, but I took three major early Silver Age books to him on Wednesday afternoon. He didn't try to oversell anything when he did his assessment, and as it turns out he really undersold it. The books were ready to be submitted for grading on Thursday and the results were impressive. One raw book came back as a rock solid 9.4. Of the two previously slabbed books, one got bumped up one grade (and this was a big step up for a big book) and the other jumped multiple grades, winding up as a major home run, of the grand slam in the bottom of the 9th variety.

His bill was more than reasonable (crazy reasonable even!) and he couldn't have been more professional about the whole thing. I'd gladly send any book to Joe in the future with complete confidence.