• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not so excited anymore.

24 posts in this topic

After many hours of searching and inquiring about opportunities for the perfect piece, I finally acquired it! And I couldn't be more happy than to have found it with such a great art rep, Kirk Dilbeck.

It is Wonder Woman drawn by Jay Anacleto. I don't know what his intent was when he created it, but for me the imagery has very deep meaning. To me Wonder Woman leading the troops with the words, "PROUD" and "STRONG" is symbolic of the strength and sacrifice of my wife and daughter. They're both in the military with me. They've both had to endure two of my deployments, and undoubtedly there will be more in the future. In fact, I actually married my wife by proxy (over the telephone) during my first deployment. NBC11 did a two-part special on that.

Military life is hard, and they have been very strong pillars of support for me. Hence, Wonder Woman, a strong woman - leading the troops from the front.

This was up on an Ebay auction. I sent Kirk an email pleading with him to allow me to buy it outright. He was initially very reluctant to do so because it's against his regular practice. But as it turns out Jay A. planned on sending the proceeds to a prominent artist who has fallen ill, and wanted to be able to send the money as soon as possible.

I just started collecting art, and I doubt I will ever find a piece that has as much meaning again.

WWJA.jpg

After many hours of searching and inquiring about opportunities for the perfect piece, I finally acquired it! And I couldn't be more happy than to have found it with such a great art rep, Kirk Dilbeck.

It is Wonder Woman drawn by Jay Anacleto. I don't know what his intent was when he created it, but for me the imagery has very deep meaning. To me Wonder Woman leading the troops with the words, "PROUD" and "STRONG" is symbolic of the strength and sacrifice of my wife and daughter. They're both in the military with me. They've both had to endure two of my deployments, and undoubtedly there will be more in the future. In fact, I actually married my wife by proxy (over the telephone) during my first deployment. NBC11 did a two-part special on that.

Military life is hard, and they have been very strong pillars of support for me. Hence, Wonder Woman, a strong woman - leading the troops from the front.

This was up on an Ebay auction. I sent Kirk an email pleading with him to allow me to buy it outright. He was initially very reluctant to do so because it's against his regular practice. But as it turns out Jay A. planned on sending the proceeds to a prominent artist who has fallen ill, and wanted to be able to send the money as soon as possible.

I just started collecting art, and I doubt I will ever find a piece that has as much meaning again. I got lucky.

So here she is!

WWJA.jpg

totally awesome page.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Glad you got a piece that means so much to you. Those are the best kind!

And thanks for defending our freedom, and thank your family for their sacrific as well.

+1

Beautiful piece! Congrats!

The artist who had fallen ill was Tony DeZuniga. To be honest I hadn't previously heard of him, and I was so happy to get the piece I didn't even consider how serious it could have been.

I feel horrible. I hope his family and friends are coping as well as they can.

I don't know why you are upset. I suspected it was Tony DeZuniga when you said Anacleto was looking to give the proceeds to an ill artist. When you purchased the item, it allowed them to get much needed money faster.

Malvin

I don't know why you are upset. I suspected it was Tony DeZuniga when you said Anacleto was looking to give the proceeds to an ill artist. When you purchased the item, it allowed them to get much needed money faster.

Malvin

Just that I went on and on about how happy I was to get the piece, and now I just found out the artist the money was for passed away. It was kind of a shock, and I think better decorum would have been to at least wish him well in my OP.

I don't feel bad about buying it. I only wish I showed more respect for where the money was headed.

In any event it's not really about me. And you're right, hopefully Mr. DeZuniga's family can put the money to good use.

Malvin

Just that I went on and on about how happy I was to get the piece, and now I just found out the artist the money was for passed away. It was kind of a shock, and I think better decorum would have been to at least wish him well in my OP.

I don't feel bad about buying it. I only wish I showed more respect for where the money was headed.

In any event it's not really about me. And you're right, hopefully Mr. DeZuniga's family can put the money to good use.

:golfclap:

Malvin

First congrats on the nice artwork from Jay Anacleto. Second, I just learned from a friend that Tony is still alive and is getting better by the day. :foryou:

Malvin

First congrats on the nice artwork from Jay Anacleto. Second, I just learned from a friend that Tony is still alive and is getting better by the day. :foryou:

That's great news. What a horrible rumor.