• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 76 - Signed. Is Green label the kiss of death?

24 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm new to the boards so please bear with me. I am having my GL 76 graded by CGC as we speak. It's the nicest copy I've ever been able to find, and due to wonderful storage has almost white pages. I'm hoping to get back an 8.5 or a smidge higher.

Problem is this - I had the book signed (on the cover) ten years ago by Denny O'Neil, so I know it will come back with a qualified grade. I know this issue is relatively scarce in higher grades, BUT will the sig be the Kiss of Death as far as resale goes?

Opinions?

BTW, I have the convention materials for where Denny was signing.

Personally, I don't like writing of any kind, including signatures. It's a personal threshhold - I don't care if GOD signed the book. shocked.gif

Like I said, most likely, you'll sell it to a true collector, not speculator. tongue.gif

Personally, I don't like writing of any kind, including signatures. It's a personal threshhold - I don't care if GOD signed the book. shocked.gif

Like I said, most likely, you'll sell it to a true collector, not speculator. tongue.gif

awwwwwwwwwwwwww, Pete 27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

I don't like writing , either, altho I think I will make an exception for a "major" signature (Writer or Artist).

Me too!

When I finally save up for my G/G+ copy of FF 1 I'd be thrilled if it had Kriby's or Stan's sig!

893applaud-thumb.gif

flowerred.gif

or GOD? flowerred.gif

Only if God actually worked on the book. I like signatures (and have a ton of them from years of going to cons), but the signer actually had to work on the book. (So, I wouldn't want Tobey McGuire's autograph on a random issue of Spider-man, for instance...)

sign-funnypost.gif

flowerred.gif

or GOD? flowerred.gif

Only if God actually worked on the book. I like signatures (and have a ton of them from years of going to cons), but the signer actually had to work on the book. (So, I wouldn't want Tobey McGuire's autograph on a random issue of Spider-man, for instance...)

Not to get religious on you, but hasn't GOD worked on all of these books? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

flowerred.gif

or GOD? flowerred.gif

Not to get religious on you, but hasn't GOD worked on all of these books? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

No, Frank Miller didn't get his start in professional comics until 1978.

sign-funnypost.gif

flowerred.gif

or GOD? flowerred.gif

how would god sign the book? literally. does god need a pen? or can he just use his finger? i'd think that if he needed a pen, it'd have to be one of the shiney gold (gold, right? not silver. or is that too flashy?) marker-type pens. and then does he just write "god" on the book? "jesus christ" or "jc's pop" or "the big guy" or what?

flowerred.gif

I don't like writing , either, altho I think I will make an exception for a "major" signature (Writer or Artist).

Me too!

When I finally save up for my G/G+ copy of FF 1 I'd be thrilled if it had Kriby's or Stan's sig!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Me too. flowerred.gif