• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Expo GI Joe Art Exhibit Photos

8 posts in this topic

I know GI Joe art isn't that popular with a lot of the members here but i wanted to share what i put together for the Calgary Expo this past weekend nonetheless.

I'm pretty tight with the promoter of the show and he agreed to let me set up a large 30th Anniversary of GI Joe pavilion this year. We brought Larry Hama, Ron Wagner and Bob McLeod up as guests for this display and had them signing/sketching in front of a 40ft section of original comic and toy art from mine and another friend's collection. All three had been guests at my show in Edmonton previously but never to Calgary and never all together.

It was pretty awesome to be a part of. I was particularly happy to get a photo with both Ron and Bob with the Special Missions #20 cover they did that i own. Here are some pics on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151587741830161.850844.524895160&type=1&l=761cf2f0f8

Damn, Shane, I'm constantly amazed at what you're able to put together. It just keeps ramping up on the coolness level each year. Great job. I always look forward to see what your next project/show/con is.