• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legendary birthday gifts.

26 posts in this topic

The best birthday gift is usually the one you're not expecting. Even better is the gift that you're not expecting...and is comic related.

Last week for my birthday my fiance gave me one of my all time favorite gifts.

I have this weird obsession with McFarlane's Spider-Man #1 and almost break out into hives if I run across one in a longbox and don't buy it.

You can imagine the squeal that came out of my mouth when I opened this.

I'm planning to build a shrine around it on my wall with all the different cover versions.

:whee:

125527.jpg.34129ec1aff07c48a8dbccbd81a64e82.jpg

125528.jpg.04143b7768542345e5165330118f507e.jpg

125529.jpg.98804e2284e0639cd4203f59b8de9763.jpg

Hey Dice, that is as cool as it comes. The level of thought and effort that went into that is amazing. Looks like you've got a keeper! :applause:

My wife got me a Marvel Mystery Comics 54 (Shomburg war/bondage cover) in high grade for my 40th, and for my B'day last week a stack of gift certificates from my lcs which I spent yesterday on some early Avengers and X Men issues and an ASM 300. Wives (and fiance's) rock!

Hey Dice, that is as cool as it comes. The level of thought and effort that went into that is amazing. Looks like you've got a keeper! :applause:

My wife got me a Marvel Mystery Comics 54 (Shomburg war/bondage cover) in high grade for my 40th, and for my B'day last week a stack of gift certificates from my lcs which I spent yesterday on some early Avengers and X Men issues and an ASM 300. Wives (and fiance's) rock!

+1

Great present - my wife is always surprising me with comics related gifts :cloud9:

My wife knows nothing about comics.

Which is good. If she started paying any attention, she'd realise how much money I've spent.

Back OT - Dice, that's a great gift. I've never seen that particular statue before, who's it by?

Spidey 1 is one of those books I've always thought I should own, but never gotten around to picking a copy up.

The best birthday gift is usually the one you're not expecting. Even better is the gift that you're not expecting...and is comic related.

I have this weird obsession with McFarlane's Spider-Man #1 and almost break out into hives if I run across one in a longbox and don't buy it.

I'm planning to build a shrine around it on my wall with all the different cover versions.

Dice that is brilliant, I also am a bit funny with this issue and have them all in multiples but when I saw your first photo, I thought I was missing one!

Thats a great set up with the issues around it.

Incidentally it is my birthday today and I doubt I will get anything as cool as this.

She is on medication due to a throat infection for the last week, so my birthday Nosh looks in jeopardy also.... :insane:

Dice that is brilliant, I also am a bit funny with this issue and have them all in multiples but when I saw your first photo, I thought I was missing one!

Incidentally it is my birthday today and I doubt I will get anything as cool as this.

She is on medication due to a throat infection for the last week, so my birthday Nosh looks in

jeopardy also.... :insane:

Happy Birthday. And when you say Nosh... You of course mean your birthday meal...yes, yes that must be it hm

She is on medication due to a throat infection for the last week, so my birthday Nosh looks in

Happy Birthday. And when you say Nosh... You of course mean your birthday meal...yes, yes that must be it hm

I do Not mean my birthday meal! :shy:

Which is good. If she started paying any attention, she'd realise how much money I've spent.

+1

Great gift Dice. Kudos to your better half :applause:

Just as I suspected. Will this emoticon be any help? :o

You know what they say about birthdays.

They only Come once a year :whistle:

Congrats, cool gift. I gave that same exact obsession with ASM 300, but the only statue like that, was made for ASM 301; I could get it, but it's just not the same.

I bet that will awesome displayed next to some copies next to it.

You know what they say about birthdays.

They only Come once a year :whistle:

:censored:lol

Back OT - Dice, that's a great gift. I've never seen that particular statue before, who's it by?

Spidey 1 is one of those books I've always thought I should own, but never gotten around to picking a copy up.

Same here.

Knows nothing about comics but accepts it when I tell her how much they can be worth

But my wife did get me a nice Kindle for my birthday last year.

I can fill it up with books about comics history and writers

My wife is a real champ in the comic related gift department. Her wedding present to me was a reader Showcase #4, and a couple years back she Shang Hai-ed me to my 1st ever San Diego Con!

My wife is a real champ in the comic related gift department. Her wedding present to me was a reader Showcase #4, and a couple years back she Shang Hai-ed me to my 1st ever San Diego Con!

A San Diego trip would be a jaw dropper. :o

By fiancé you mean your left palm. :baiting:

No. I will not let you give me a Dutch Rudder. Please stop asking.