• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Summer 2012 is the Supreme Credibility Achievement in Comic Book History!

49 posts in this topic

Hey Gang,

It kinda just hit me as I was talking with Brian (Foolkiller) yesterday on the phone that if you are a life-long comic book fan then this summer has to be the most important moment(s) to date in any fans comic book collecting life. :headbang:

Tomorrow Avengers will be finally being released here in the states and with that many fellow comic book fans will take to many different theaters to experience an event only thought about in dingy comic book stores in years past as a what if. Now that what if is now a reality.......

I remember being 12 years old back in the early 1990's dorking it out talking to other collectors year after year about what a dream it would be a to see A list comic book characters on the same movie screen at the same time. Seriously now, how many of you guys actually thought something like the Avengers would ever happen? Not only has this movie arrived with a great director, cast, and state of the art special effects, but also the credibility making it worth watching . If someone told me 20 years ago the Avengers would one day be a movie, and also set new box offices records I would think they were dreaming.

Summer 2012 we not only get the Avengers movie, but also Spider-man & Batman which makes this summer in my opinion the pinnacle of comic book popularity and achievement in history. No matter what age you are I think we can all agree this three movie line-up and dream come true on-screen collective team-up is groundbreaking for the hobby in it's stability & growth with the mainstream world-wide public.

Now some would say that the X-men broke this barrier. Mmmmmm kinda. (shrug)

X-men definitely was ground-breaking for it being the first movie to show a superhero team, but the Avengers is the first movie to feature a team with A-List superheroes at the same time. X-men was awesome, but lets face it the X-men are more B to C-list characters except for Wolverine with respect to the team itself. Pretty much for the past 12 years a comic book movie has headlined the summer box office season, but this one just feels different. Different that this summer with the Avengers, Batman, & Spider-man movies that it probably can't get any sweeter than this folks.

This is the first time in over a decade I had to pre-order movie tickets because I knew for weeks this movie was going to need advanced tickets for opening weekend or I would be missing out for sure.

Let's face it gang it really can't get any better that that right now in 2012. Three mega blockbuster movies with a Walking Dead #1 hit TV show going strong.

This will be a summer to remember in comic book history.

I already see SDCC 2012 all weekend being asked,"Do you have Avengers #1?"

My answer, "Why yes since 1963 where have you been?" :baiting:

See you at the movies. :popcorn:

Round 1

avengers-movie-open-extras-casting-call-in-albuquerque.jpg

Round 2

415648_248889351853649_101198429956076_548164_589906159_o.jpg

Round 3

TDKRP1.jpg

BTW: I do think if DC Comics ever fully got their heads out of their arses they could possibly make the greatest two superhero comic book dream movie of all time that would shatter the soon to be Avengers box office records. SUPERMAN/BATMAN......Get it done your at DC. :makepoint:

I just got done having this discussion with a few friends as well. What a time we live in. :cloud9:

I've got my tickets for tomorrow morning...and I'm going to sit down for two hours and watch my childhood come alive on the big screen. And not in a cheesy, corny or campy way but in a way that validates everything my fellow collectors and I have known for the longest time...these characters tell the most amazing stories, have such depth and are truly capable of capturing your imagination, no matter your age.

I never thought I'd see the day an Avengers movie would happen let alone happen in such a validating way. This truly is the summer to remember for us comic geeks. I'm glad to be a part of it. :headbang:

Hey Gang,

It kinda just hit me as I was talking with Brian (Foolkiller) yesterday on the phone that if you are a life-long comic book fan then this summer has to be the most important moment(s) to date in any fans comic book collecting life. :headbang:

i must not be much of a fan because personally this wouldn't make my top 10

Hey Gang,

i must not be much of a fan because personally this wouldn't make my top 10

I will agree that this is a big moment as far as the hobby is concerned.

We've come a long way since Stan Lee announced a Silver Surfer movie in the bullpen bulletins over 20 years ago. Even my own kids don't mock me any more for being a comic geek.

Used to be my teenage daughter didn't even want to hear anything about comics. Now they want to be on the con circuit with me.

lol

Agent Coulson made the poster!

:whee:

Forget Batman/Superman; where's my Agent Coulson movie?

It's coming....

My total nerdgasm will not be complete until Avengers 2 or 3 introduces The Vision. Then I can die nerdly happy.

Dude, imagine if Vision were the original late BA John Buscema version -- full length yellow cape, giant collar, red face.

Glorious.

Then add in Wanda.

My total nerdgasm will not be complete until Avengers 2 or 3 introduces The Vision. Then I can die nerdly happy.

Dude, imagine if Vision were the original late BA John Buscema version -- full length yellow cape, giant collar, red face.

Glorious.

Then add in Wanda.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Why did people love Data from ST:NG? Because he was a Vision knockoff.

Dude is so frickin pimp that he doesn't even have emotions and he bagged Wanda Maximoff. Dude is so frickin pimp that his junk is 100% artificial and he knocked his wife up.

He had the coolest powers and the coolest costume of any Bronze hero.

The Vision is what would happen if science could craft a synthezoid using DNA samples taken from Chuck Norris, the Most Interesting Man in the World, Warren Beatty circa 1974 and a honey badger.

Glorious.

Then add in Wanda.

That is exactly what I am talking about. Why did people love Data from ST:NG? Because he was a Vision knockoff.

Dude is so frickin pimp that he doesn't even have emotions and he bagged Wanda Maximoff. Dude is so frickin pimp that his junk is 100% artificial and he knocked his wife up.

He had the coolest powers and the coolest costume of any Bronze hero.

The Vision is what would happen if science could craft a synthezoid using DNA samples taken from Chuck Norris, the Most Interesting Man in the World, Warren Beatty circa 1974 and a honey badger.

The Vision is my favorite Marvel super-hero next to the Hulk.

Your love poem to him has brought me to an emotional peak. I believe I can go even higher. 2:30 pm EST, brah.

It's coming....

Blocked at work, spoil me!

Never liked the Vision. His collar was a big turn off for me.

Glorious.

Then add in Wanda.

Strangely, as I was enjoying the movie, I began to wonder if the teaser scene would be something about Wanda and Pietro. As it was, I think I was the only one in the theater who recognized the teaser.

I would also hope for Hank and Jan and Ultron somewhere along the way.

I'm happy that Maria Hill has such a notable role in the movie, even though I don't think they ever call her Maria. Still, great modern character and well played.

You couldn't relate to his emotional detatchment.

Or his awesomeness.

Oh, for sakes!

:facepalm:

Strangely, as I was enjoying the movie, I began to wonder if the teaser scene would be something about Wanda and Pietro. As it was, I think I was the only one in the theater who recognized the teaser.

Or his awesomeness.

The emotional detachment was awesome. Probably based on spock.

I still hated that collar though. He was preppy before preppy was preppy.

I'm betting he had penny loafers under his bed.

Or his awesomeness.

The emotional detachment was awesome. Probably based on spock.

I still hated that collar though. He was preppy before preppy was preppy.

I'm betting he had penny loafers under his bed.

Coolest powers. Most powerful Avenger. Super pimp green outfit. Greatest finishing move on a bad guy of all time (Crushing Nefaria after a two mile diamond hard density free-fall.)

VISION - For the Win!

IMG00247-20110119-2216.jpg

IMG00248-20110119-2217.jpg