• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY SPOON! The Avengers banks $200 Million domestic Box Office

49 posts in this topic

Warner Bros should be worried :devil:

Ironically, Warner Bros. originally had a big-budget movie named "The Avengers" that tanked in 1998. lol

:gossip: They'll figure things out soon enough and start churning out quality stuff again.

All they have to do is make an experimental Teen Titans movie, to test the waters of a super team movie pre-Justice League. Kids will eat it up. :idea:

i'm sure WB is kicking themselves for not tying their movies together like Marvel did. We'd have a Justice League by now.
No kidding :P

I bet you they're regretting not letting Whedon direct the Wonder Woman movie :facepalm:

Marvel have A-listers in their movies.

WB had Ryan "Two guys,a girl,and a pizza place" Reynolds as Green Lantern :mad:

Yeah,we know who wins this round.

Ironically, Warner Bros. originally had a big-budget movie named "The Avengers" that tanked in 1998. lol

:gossip: They'll figure things out soon enough and start churning out quality stuff again.

All they have to do is make an experimental Teen Titans movie, to test the waters of a super team movie pre-Justice League. Kids will eat it up. :idea:

Yeah,and get Justin Biber as Beast Boy :idea:

He's popular right?

:roflmao:

He's popular right?

Yeah, I was just discussing with somebody, that I never heard the well-coifed young lad's music. Selena Gomez's stuff I've heard.

hm Selena Gomez as Raven.

He's popular right?

Yeah, I was just discussing with somebody, that I never heard the well-coifed young lad's music. Selena Gomez's stuff I've heard.

hm Selena Gomez as Raven.

Brilliant!! :idea:

Wait a minute. I remember you being excited about the Green Lantern movie, and all "he's so cute I can't wait to see him in those green tights" about Reynolds.

:fear:

Unless The Dark Knight Rises makes over $200mil in it's opening weekend,The Avengers will be the "Highest Grossing Summer Movie of 2012" :grin:
But, also consider...

If this movie got "front-loaded" into this weekend's box-office and has a 70%+ drop in revenue during next weekend's returns. :eek:

I hate to be a hater, but next week will truly tell where this movie (franchise) is going. :preach:

Wait a minute. I remember you being excited about the Green Lantern movie, and all "he's so cute I can't wait to see him in those green tights" about Reynolds.

:fear:

+1

Unless The Dark Knight Rises makes over $200mil in it's opening weekend,The Avengers will be the "Highest Grossing Summer Movie of 2012" :grin:
But, also consider...

If this movie got "front-loaded" into this weekend's box-office and has a 70%+ drop in revenue during next weekend's returns. :eek:

I hate to be a hater, but next week will truly tell where this movie (franchise) is going. :preach:

With an over 90% Rotten Tomatoes rating, I doubt seriously that its going anywhere but up. I get to go tonight and see it in IMAX 3-D. Can't wait.

But, also consider...

With an over 90% Rotten Tomatoes rating, I doubt seriously that its going anywhere but up. I get to go tonight and see it in IMAX 3-D. Can't wait.

I have to admit, I've just about heard everyone on here and on the 'net, on how they have to go back to watch it again once or twice. That sounds great for business and you don't hear that a lot nowadays. (thumbs u

We're gonna be seeing a lot more super hero movies in the future thanks to this weekend... if you like comic movies you just have to be ecstatic.
Yep. With big budgets and big stars too. Eventually someone will make a big budget bomb and the studios will ease off, but there will be staple franchises that will always do good. Batman of course, possibly Spiderman and Iron Man now.