• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket Racoon: Confirmed !

48 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the original GotG as a kid, but have no clue about the rebooted version. I just hope they don't f-up one of my favorite characters of all time in Adam Warlock…but knowing Hollywood they probably will

What about Hulk #271? i thought that was his first appearance.

Marvel Preview #7 = June 1976

Hulk #271 =May 1982

Just for arguments sake.. CGC lists RR's 1st appearance as Hulk #271

Link

Though this could be amended with 1st comic appearance.

Hulk #271 =May 1982

Link

Marvel Preview was a magazine size comic. I would venture that CGC is simply wrong.

From the official Marvel Wiki...

http://marvel.com/universe/Rocket_Raccoon

Hulk #271 =May 1982

Link

Marvel Preview was a magazine size comic. I would venture that CGC is simply wrong.

From the official Marvel Wiki...

http://marvel.com/universe/Rocket_Raccoon

I concur with your venture.

I just don't see this team having the ability to carry a feature movie. It makes me wonder why Marvel doesn't produce series of 10-15 minute shorts to show before their features in order to expand the universe by introducing other characters and villians. Sort of like the serials of yore. They could even mix it up with different episodes playing during each week of release to engeder repeat traffic.

Horrible beater copy of MSH 18 just sold for $84.00 on ebay.

MSH 18 Ebay

holy mess, maybe I should sell my reader copy

personally I dont care if the movie is good or bad (seeing how it likely doesnt have the original team at all), but I am looking forward to what kind of original art goodies pop up in these next 2 years due to movie hype

Guess I should have bought a fine copy from Bob for like $15 last week. These ungraded ones are going nuts on ebay. I don't regret passing on the 9.6 though. I wouldn't be surprised if after Comic Con when they officially announce it people will come to learn that MSH 18 will have basically nothing to do with the movie.

Rocket Racoon.....wasnt that in a Beatles song?

From wiki...

The character was created by Bill Mantlo and Keith Giffen and consciously inspired by the classic Beatles song "Rocky Raccoon"[1] which included "Gideon's Bible" (in the comic book limited series it was a book that contained the sum of all knowledge on the "loony colony").

I enjoyed the original GotG as a kid, but have no clue about the rebooted version. I just hope they don't f-up one of my favorite characters of all time in Adam Warlock…but knowing Hollywood they probably will

Yeah, because Marvel has done such a garbage job with their characters on film so far. :P

Yeah, because Marvel has done such a garbage job with their characters on film so far. :P

Nic Cage. Can you imagine if they let him play Superman like he was rumored to about 12-15 years ago? :facepalm: