• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket Racoon: Confirmed !

48 posts in this topic

185px-S_rraccoon00_bm_nomip_s_rraccoon00_bm_nomipout.png

It has been confirmed that the possible Guardians of the Galaaxy (GoG) movie will either definitely be made or definitely not be made. That being so, it is also confirmed that Rocket Racoon will possibly have a lead in movie so as to introduce him to an audience which may or may not go to see a movie which may or not actually be made stariing something that may or may not be a Racoon, despite appearances.

In any event, I think it may or may not be a sure bet to start stocking up on Rocket's first appearance.

3656734434_59ff69c567_o.jpg

He appeared in an episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes along with Adam Warlock trying to apprehend Michael Korvac the other night.

I was suprised to find he was included as a fighter in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Always loved the little guy (Mike Mignola mini-series is a helluva fun read).

I was even more suprised to find his first appearance was in a magazine which was purchased several years ago solely for the Satana cover.

What about Hulk #271? i thought that was his first appearance.

Marvel Preview #7 = June 1976

Hulk #271 =May 1982

Show us a scan of where he appears in the magazine.

He appeared in an episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes along with Adam Warlock trying to apprehend Michael Korvac the other night.

Pulled an Indiana Jones on the Hulk. Sort of.

Just an FYI while I try to dig up my disc with my Marvel Previews on them, the Rocket Racoon mini-series (1985) was a continuation of the the backstory from Marvel Preview #7. It basically wrapped up the loose ends from the Halfworld story.

I don't understand why people think that the obscurity of these characters implies a badly performing movie. I'd wager that most people thought of Ozzy Ozbourne before Tony Stark before Iron Man came out.

Plus no comc movie gets by on fans with under the hood. Look at Ghost Rider or Jonah Hex. If anything, Iron Man proved that what you need is a decent -script and good cast. If they do the same here, I think it can do well.

I AM GROOT

I hate to say it, but I don't like Rocket Raccoon. lol

When I clicked this thread Dice had the last comment and when I read this comment I thought oh yeah Dice would say this. :makepoint: Of course the "I hate to say it" would be pure sarcasm.

I hate to say it, but I don't like Rocket Raccoon. lol

When I clicked this thread Dice had the last comment and when I read this comment I thought oh yeah Dice would say this. :makepoint: Of course the "I hate to say it" would be pure sarcasm.

I'm completely objective until they release a stupid trailer that looks like an episode of Glee, then I'll slam the hell out of it.