• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago

79 posts in this topic

The Hyatt Regency on Bryn Mawr is already sold out at the $100 convention rate for either Fri. and Sat. nights, or Sat. and Sun. nights per greggy's sage advice :pullhair: but you may be able to still reserve Wed, Thurs. nights. :wishluck:

Strange, I just booked the entire weekend.

(shrug)

The Hyatt Regency on Bryn Mawr is already sold out at the $100 convention rate for either Fri. and Sat. nights, or Sat. and Sun. nights per greggy's sage advice :pullhair: but you may be able to still reserve Wed, Thurs. nights. :wishluck:

(shrug)

:o

I don't care, as I wasn't going to stay there anyways.

(shrug)

:o

I don't care, as I wasn't going to stay there anyways.

It's called a preemptive strike. Didn't you ever read Sun Tzu?

:makepoint:

Thursday night will be the night we need to stay. I'm hitting the show on Friday and heading straight to the Artist Alley to get a con sketch, hopefully from Kenneth Rocafort if he does them.

Thursday night will be the night we need to stay. I'm hitting the show on Friday and heading straight to the Artist Alley to get a con sketch, hopefully from Kenneth Rocafort if he does them.

I'd call them and make a reservation now then. Sounds like rooms are filling up quick.

I'd call them and make a reservation now then. Sounds like rooms are filling up quick.

Erica just booked the Hyatt for us for Friday and Saturday :banana:

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!

:banana:

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!

Party in Brad's room? :wishluck:

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!

Make your moves, jackazz

Quick question for ye experienced Chicago Comic Conners - does the Con itself usually sell out or can you get tickets at the door? I'm thinking about attending for the first time but am not sure of my schedule - am wondering if I'll need to get tix ahead of time or if I can wait until last minute.

Thanks!

For the cheap bazterds like me out there...

There is a Motel 6 just a few blocks away from the convention center right above Denny's.

Was $75 a night and the water worked fine :)

Quick question for ye experienced Chicago Comic Conners - does the Con itself usually sell out or can you get tickets at the door? I'm thinking about attending for the first time but am not sure of my schedule - am wondering if I'll need to get tix ahead of time or if I can wait until last minute.

Thanks!

I don't think they've sold out of a particular tier lately, but this is the first year that Thursday will be a full day (not just a 'preview' night). Not sure if that will sell more 4-day passes?

There is a Motel 6 just a few blocks away from the convention center right above Denny's.

Tentatively booked the Wizard comicon website's 2nd sponsored hotel Comfort Inn for $75/night for 2 queen beds, hot breakfast, free parking, if you have a rental car. Not good enough? How about free 24 hr bus or shuttle to the convention or airport?

Wizard site is blocking 2 nights in a row reservations for Hyatt $117 straddling the weekend already.

For the cheap bazterds like me out there...

I stayed there for one night with Beyonder a few years ago as we rolled into town at 4:00 AM and even the Denny's was closed so we couldn't drink and didn't want to pay for an extra night at the Courtyard for a few hours sleep...scariest night of my life. Hell wasonff (Drew) felt safer sleeping in the car :eek:

Jim